FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export video with project file name metadata

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gardner Raymond
Export video with project file name metadata
on Aug 23, 2017 at 2:38:47 pm

Hello all,

Does anyone know a way to have the project file name included in the video file metadata after export? We have so many completed video files floating around on our system that have been created over the years by many different editors, the majority of which are no longer here. It would be SUPER HELPFUL if we could look at the file metadata and see that it was exported from project "ABC.prproj" instead of having to guess. Of course this would only be helpful for projects going forward, but that would be a great start.
I realize this might not be a feature available at all at the current time (I don't think it is), so if that's the case, does anyone think it might be possible to write a script or plug-in that would add in this feature? I don't know anything about developing scripts/plugs, but if it's possible via that route, I might be willing to work with someone to develop it.

As always, any thoughts or comments are appreciated!

Gardner

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Export video with project file name metadata
on Aug 23, 2017 at 3:52:16 pm

There are a few workarounds that might help.

Files in macOS (not sure about Windows) can have tags and comments. You can add either under the Get Info window or add tags in the Finder. The latter would be searchable in the Finder using the regular OS search function.

The other easy, low-tech way, would be to assign job numbers to all of your projects and then simply append a job number prefix to all of your exported masters. This has the added benefit that if you use a disk archiving tool like DiskCatalogMaker, you can search for the job number across all archived drives.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Gardner Raymond
Re: Export video with project file name metadata
on Aug 23, 2017 at 4:21:44 pm

Thanks Oliver - two very good options!

Still gathering thoughts though, so anyone else please feel free to chime in as well

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]