FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to export where reference black is defined as 8-bit value 16, and reference white is defined as 8-bit value 235

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Fonti
How to export where reference black is defined as 8-bit value 16, and reference white is defined as 8-bit value 235
on Aug 23, 2017 at 11:00:49 am

Hi all,

I need to export to these specific settings for a work project:

Color levels per Rec. 709/BT.709, where reference black is defined as 8-bit value 16, and reference white is defined as 8-bit value 235.

Now I get the Rec. 709 part, premiere has the default. What I don't understand is how to check that these 8-bit values are correct.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: How to export where reference black is defined as 8-bit value 16, and reference white is defined as 8-bit value 235
on Aug 23, 2017 at 10:00:10 pm

you can visually check with premier's scopes if luma values are outside range.

you can add a Levels effect to the source clip and set the RBG master level to 16 and 235. that will effectively clip the video. you can add your own soft clip with curves added before and rolloff the highlights if you want.
you can add another adj layer color for levels for safe chroma as well.

make first one just over video as blend mode - luminosity then apply luminosity preset to it
make next one on top of previous adjustment layer blend mode - color then apply color preset to that one

here's a broadcast safe preset preset I made that automates this.
https://f1.creativecow.net/10774/premiere-pro-cc-20152-broadcast-safe-prese...

some video codecs like dnxhd in AME have an advanced-full or video levels(16-235) that does this for you.

Return to posts index

David Fonti
Re: How to export where reference black is defined as 8-bit value 16, and reference white is defined as 8-bit value 235
on Aug 26, 2017 at 6:00:35 am

Chris,

You are a saint. You just made my workflow a lot easier. Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]