FORUMS: list search recent posts

Has anyone ever written a script for Premiere Pro? I am looking to make one but I don't know when to start.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Freedberg
Has anyone ever written a script for Premiere Pro? I am looking to make one but I don't know when to start.
on Aug 21, 2017 at 9:58:25 pm

My goal is to make a script that creates subclips out of all the clips in a sequence. I find Premiere's subclip creation clunky and tedious. It's so much faster to log footage with in/out/insert/overwrite. Which is why I usually use "selects" sequences for everything. HOWEVER, I find that using subclips for things like broll is super nice, and very useful: thumbnails, source monitor, hover scrubbing, matching frames, just great.

I would love to make a script that runs through all the clips in a sequence and converts them into subclips, naming them according to what track they are on (basically naming their priority).

I would assume it'd be a glorified macro; hitting the key commands to match the frame of each clip and then the shortcut to convert it into a subclip.
Any tips or advice on how to go about this? What language do I use, how do I get it to integrate with Premiere? I'm planning to start in AutoHotKey for now but I have no clue about the nitty gritty stuff, like having it stop when the sequence is over for instance.

Thank you!

TL;dr: I want to make a script or macro that automates turning all the clips in a sequence into subclips. How do I go about this?

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Has anyone ever written a script for Premiere Pro? I am looking to make one but I don't know when to start.
on Aug 21, 2017 at 10:22:23 pm

Have no idea but start here:
https://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/sdk/overview

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]