FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to have several of my favorite things i use often always on my interface?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
finbar taub
Is there a way to have several of my favorite things i use often always on my interface?
on Aug 21, 2017 at 8:01:55 pm

Hello and thanks in advance for the help - I have moved from Final Cut Pro to Premier and love it - but I am fully self taught (youtube - taught, I guess...) so I apologize if some of my terminology is incorrect or if this is just a silly question.

I was just wondering if I could create an area in Premier Pro CC where I can place the maybe 7 things I have to go through tabs or whatnot to get to constantly when I edit.

Here are some things I would like to keep in an "always open" bin or window on my workspace: a custom video preset I am always dragging into my timeline, the "cross zoom" transition, a particular title I use a lot, a video clip, an audio clip that I copy for its effects and then paste attributes into the audio I'm working on, etc

So - I do realize that most of these things are accessible by simply hitting the correct tab in the media browser, then searching, etc, which doesn't seem like that big a deal, but I'm trying to get everything I use often into one place to have a more efficient workflow.

thanks again for your time!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Is there a way to have several of my favorite things i use often always on my interface?
on Aug 21, 2017 at 8:57:41 pm

https://digitalfilms.wordpress.com/2017/08/17/customize-premiere-pro-with-w...

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: Is there a way to have several of my favorite things i use often always on my interface?
on Aug 21, 2017 at 10:23:55 pm

[finbar taub] "Here are some things I would like to keep in an "always open" bin or window on my workspace: a custom video preset I am always dragging into my timeline, the "cross zoom" transition, a particular title I use a lot, a video clip, an audio clip that I copy for its effects and then paste attributes into the audio I'm working on, etc"

You list 2 totally different types of things so it would take 2 windows to handle it. Your title, video clip and audio clip can all reside in a "Favorites" bin that you can have parked anywhere you like. Effects can't sit in a bin, though you can, and I do, have a separate "favorites" folder in the effects window, with everything you normally use in one spot.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

finbar taub
on Sep 3, 2017 at 6:25:41 pm

thanks so much Herb! Sorry so long to get back to thank you - I appreciate the great info!

Return to posts index

finbar taub
on Sep 3, 2017 at 7:30:19 pm

Actually - one more question on how to do this -

you say my often used video clips can go in a favorites bin I can park anywhere - but I am having trouble seeing how I can make a bin that comes up on any project I am in. I know how to make a new bin in my project panel, but that seems to be specific to that project. I need a bin with my audio and video clips in it that will always be accessible in every project I work on. Does that make sense?

thanks so much for your time -

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Sep 5, 2017 at 6:54:52 pm

[finbar taub] "I am having trouble seeing how I can make a bin that comes up on any project I am in. I know how to make a new bin in my project panel, but that seems to be specific to that project. I need a bin with my audio and video clips in it that will always be accessible in every project I work on."

The simplest technique for doing what you want is to create a "template project." This project should have only those "generic" items that you always want to have on hand for all your work. This can include bins and sequences, each customized by you. But it should contain nothing else.

To start a new project simply open the template, save it with a new name for your current project and then begin. Always start with the template, and then always re-name the template before you start importing and working on your new project.

If you have already started a project without using the template, no problem. Create the template as described. Next go into your current project, open the Media Browser tab, find and select the "template project", right click and choose "import." If you want to be selective and only chose some elements of your template project to bring into your new project the Media Browser will allow that as well.

Ppro is very good about allowing you to access all sorts of elements from other projects into your current work through the Media Browser.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

finbar taub
on Sep 24, 2017 at 11:32:30 pm

OMG that is brilliant!! Yes making a sort of template! Why didn't I think of that? Wow Sir - you have made my life easier - thanks so much for the reply!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]