FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premier Pro - how do I know which video files already added from MEdia Browser window to Project Panel ?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Serge Suto
Premier Pro - how do I know which video files already added from MEdia Browser window to Project Panel ?
on Aug 21, 2017 at 11:00:14 am

I have all my video files in one folder.
Let's say I have 100 files.
I have already checked them and deleted the ones I won't use in my project.
I am adding video files from Media Browser to the Project Panel via right click -> Import.
In Project Panel I created a few bins representing different sections of my final movie.
They are to be used in chronological order.
e.g.
01 walking to the zoo
02 kids having fun
03 03 having a snack
04 animals presentation
05 going back home
The content of the bins is not necessary in chronological (or video file name) order.
E.g. for "01 walking to the zoo" I used footage when they walk out of the zoo.
I also use footage with animals as inserts. And they are not necessarily in chronological order but in line with the mood of a particular fragment.
Anyway, ny question is :
how do I know which video files from Media Browser window I have added to one of bins in Project Panel and which ones I have not.

I want to use pretty much all my files, and I added most of them.
But there should be a few which I have not added and I am wondering if there is an easy way to know which ones.

Return to posts index

Serge Suto
Re: Premier Pro - how do I know which video files already added from MEdia Browser window to Project Panel ?
on Aug 26, 2017 at 6:37:26 am

Apparently there is no easy way to figure out which files have already been added to the project.
So what I do is I create a second folder with absolutely identical content and once a file from original folder has been added to to the project I delete that file from the second folder.
So, at the end I have a handful of files in the second folder and it is the files which have not been added to the project.
I either add them to the project if they are worth it or just leave them unused.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]