FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering Again a Finished Video

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nailuj Cequeña
Rendering Again a Finished Video
on Aug 21, 2017 at 12:07:07 am

I am working on a film project for our organization which has a length of 2 hours. I edited and rendered in Quicktime Apple Prores 422 since this is the format required by a film producer. After finishing the film with the said format, I got almost 60GB in size. My computer is terrible so it took me 12 hours to complete the render.

Now, I made a little mistake to the film. Need to re-edit and render again...and possibly wait for another 12 or more hours. Unfortunately, we need the final video tonight. I am thinking of editing the "completed video" and just render it again instead of editing the .aep file full of effects and color correction because I am thinking it will SOMEHOW make the rendering faster. My questions are:

1. Am I correct to assume that using the "completed video" in post-production/editing will make the rendering faster compare to a layered project full of effects?
2. I want to retain the output format (codec, framerate, resolution, etc) of the video. If number 1 question is possible, will the output of the "new completed" video stay the same after rendering?

Thanks for all the help!!

Freelance Artist
Mograph / 2d Animation / Concept Art

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Rendering Again a Finished Video
on Aug 21, 2017 at 12:12:12 am

Render only a second before through a second after the change. Note the time code cut it into the existing export.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nailuj Cequeña
on Aug 21, 2017 at 12:16:10 am

Sorry Dave but I don't get what you mean.

Julian
Motion Designer | 2D Animator
Check out mu Showreel

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 21, 2017 at 5:41:43 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 21, 2017 at 5:45:42 pm

1) Export only the portion of the timeline you have to change. Pick convenient cut points before and after the change for in & out points.
2) Import the existing 60 GB file.
3) Import the small changed part
4) Put the existing 60 GB file in a new timeline. Cut out the bad part.
5) Put the small changed part in its place
6) Re-Export.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Aug 22, 2017 at 2:11:02 pm

This is the best way. I do it all the time when needing a fast fix and it works perfectly.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Aug 21, 2017 at 2:28:03 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Aug 21, 2017 at 2:52:09 am

large renders should be image sequences so you can re-render individual frames if necessary(and leave off after an error). Wavelet codecs like prores, dnxhd, cineform are lossy, although very high quality and need re-rendering unless you use them in a special smart codec way. If you do it right, they can export 4-12x faster!
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/smart-rendering.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]