FORUMS: list search recent posts

Colors loss on YouTube (shift washed)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Ivamov
Colors loss on YouTube (shift washed)
on Aug 16, 2017 at 7:41:37 pm

Hey. When I upload a video to YouTube or Vimeo, the black color becomes gray. The gamma is washed out. I mount in Premier CC 2017.
I tried the render format: H.264 (mp4), wmv and MOV. But the video is constantly losing color and becoming gray.
Washout also happens to white color!
Link to original pic: PICTURE

Example 1:

Example 2:

Example 3:

On the real picture (in this case) or video, black color is real black (NOT GRAY).

Link to original pic: PICTURE
If I watch the video on the computer in KMP Player or VLC, then I do not see the color washout. Color is real! (NOT GRAY)
The render settings are standard. I choose the YouTube HD preset.
I watched the video on YouTube with the settings and render as they say, but still get the GRAY colors. But on their channels the color of the video is real (NOT GRAY).
Here is an example. I made the settings like in this video, but did not get the same result. The person stands on a black background, on a REAL black color.
Link to video:

But what should I do in the Premiere CC 2017?
Help? Please!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Colors loss on YouTube (shift washed)
on Aug 16, 2017 at 9:54:17 pm

There is nothing you can do. YouTube recompresses the footage when you upload, to the varying formats to play back depending on the internet speed of the user. That recompression causes this...and you cannot control what they do. You can only provide them the best quality file to work from...beyond that, it's out of your hands.

Also know that various players also play back differing quality....VLC and QT and other players won't have the same look. Similarly, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Explorer...even if watching the same video on YouTube, the colors will look different. Why? Who knows...that's the code of the apps.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Alex Ivamov
on Aug 21, 2017 at 6:29:43 pm

I found the answer. The problem in the rating of the channel!
Here you can see the video. There are English subtitles.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vjmdcs1pWNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Return to posts index

Alex Ivamov
on Aug 21, 2017 at 6:31:52 pm

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Aug 22, 2017 at 7:15:55 am

If you're still having problems with youtube, it could be youtube changing the gamma/pixel values, in which case
you can try manually baking in a new look similar to avc1 vs vp9.

many people have had luck using this LUT I made for youtube/vimeo.

64 cube iridas lut for burning in darker 16-235 from 0-255 for youtube upload. it darkens image, then youtube/vimeo re-lightens again.
https://f1.creativecow.net/10598/fixmyyoutube

note:
it doesn't work with adjustment layers directly
you have to use it in the dropdown for the export in adobe media encoder. or you can NEST it first.
its a premiere bug. also it needs to be copied in both premiere-lumetri-technical and adobe media encoder-lumetri-technical

Return to posts index

Yair Bartal
on Aug 22, 2017 at 1:28:02 pm

Chris, is Adobe aware of this bug?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Aug 22, 2017 at 11:40:11 pm

i sent in a bug report. I seem to be the only one to find bizarre nesting bugs like this. then again, I use a pixel level system color picker to nitpick a lot of things.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]