FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro Error Message 512 (Red Giant related??)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Romy Overbeke
Premiere Pro Error Message 512 (Red Giant related??)
on Aug 16, 2017 at 1:39:17 pm

Hi All,

I'm having some issues exporting a clip in Premiere. I've been using a lot of Red Giant effects including title motion and i'm wondering if that could be the problem...The error message says:

(Error code 512)

I've tried clearing the cache, restarting, rendering in Software Only mode, and reinstalling Red Giant. Nothing's helped so far. Any advice would be appreciated!

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
Re: Premiere Pro Error Message 512 (Red Giant related??)
on Aug 16, 2017 at 3:37:57 pm

What version of Premiere are you using? What OS version?

Start a support ticket with Red Giant.

Have you checked that you are running the latest versions of their software? They have released a few product updates the past few days.

Trying doing a render and replace for that area of your sequence and see if you can export the entire timeline.

Render previews for your timeline and then check the "use previews" box in the export menu and see if it exports?

Have you tried queuing the export through Media Encoder vs. Premiere?

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Romy Overbeke
Re: Premiere Pro Error Message 512 (Red Giant related??)
on Aug 19, 2017 at 3:49:41 am

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using all the latest versions of everything. I tried all that but nothing worked except for rebuilding the title motion in After Effects. Seems there is some kind of element in the Title Motion that is pulling information across from After Effects to Premiere, and that's when the error message comes up. Some kind of corruption in the dynamic link. I talked to customer support at both Adobe and Red Giant and they have no idea why it's happening. They've looked into my system settings and processes and say it should be fine.

It came about when I started layering title motion one on top of the other. I was using them all correctly so in theory it should have worked, but it kept crashing. Tried it on two different computers with the same response. Seems I'm the only one experiencing this bug so far...Hopefully Red Giant will address it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]