FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere CC 2017.1.1 Can't Export Sidecar SRTs?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Swiz
Premiere CC 2017.1.1 Can't Export Sidecar SRTs?
on Aug 15, 2017 at 9:36:51 pm

I've struggled all day trying to export a sidecar .srt file so that I can upload videos to Facebook with the option to toggle captions on and off.

When I pop my caption file into a standalone sequence and hit Export, the caption window only allows me two options-- None, and Burn Into Video. I can *see* the sidecar options just below, but they're always greyed out.

I've re-installed every previous version of Premiere Pro available to me on Adobe Cloud, none of them allow me the ability to sidecar the SRT.

Is there a specific sequence setting I'm missing that permits sidecar exports of SRTs? Is there an easier way to embed the SRT into the video without burning it in?

I found an Adobe thread that states this is in fact a bug that's taken them 8+ months to get around to fixing. Am I missing any workarounds?

Pleeease don't tell me I need to update the software, I've got about 5 or 6 major active edits I've been juggling, I don't want to risk putting my projects in jeopardy over this minor glitch : (

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
Re: Premiere CC 2017.1.1 Can't Export Sidecar SRTs?
on Aug 17, 2017 at 6:45:28 pm

You must select the caption file in the browser.
Then File > Export > Captions > SRT

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]