FORUMS: list search recent posts

What's the workflow for syncing jam synced cameras?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Stiles
What's the workflow for syncing jam synced cameras?
on Aug 15, 2017 at 7:16:15 pm

Ok so I'm working on some reality/doc style projects with 2-3 jam synced cameras and no external audio. I know this is super easy to do in Avid or FCP7, but how do I take these clips and create a non multi clip, synced stringout? Basically want the Cam A to be on V1, Cam B on V2, etc.

I've been researching this for a couple days, but I can't seem to find anything that'll let me do this. It seems like premiere can only handle syncing 2 clips at a time? There has to be a way to do this without resorting to waveform syncing (which I'm trying to move away from since Plural Eyes has generally been pretty useless for us).

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: What's the workflow for syncing jam synced cameras?
on Aug 15, 2017 at 7:25:53 pm

It's very simple. Create a multi-cam sequence with the three cameras by selecting all three camera clips and then control click and select create multi-cam sequence and select sync by timecode. And then open the newly created multi-cam sequence in a timeline and you'll then see your cameras like you want- cam1 on v1, cam 2 on v2, cam3 on v3, etc.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

John Stiles
on Aug 15, 2017 at 7:48:48 pm

Whenever I've tried to do this it just creates one long multicam clip with no gaps in the sequence.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Aug 15, 2017 at 8:53:36 pm

[John Stiles] "It seems like premiere can only handle syncing 2 clips at a time? There has to be a way to do this without resorting to waveform syncing (which I'm trying to move away from since Plural Eyes has generally been pretty useless for us).
"

PPro can sync hundreds of clips at a time (select them in the Project Panel, not the timeline). PPro also has very good wave-form syncing built in.

[John Stiles] "Whenever I've tried to do this it just creates one long multicam clip with no gaps in the sequence."

Multicam clips in PPro are just nested sequences. You can open the nest in the timeline by right clicking on it and selecting "open in timeline" (or something like that) and then you'll see all your clips on different tracks. You can then copy and paste from the multicam timeline into a regular timeline and start working with the stacked clips. Though, if you don't mind my asking, why do you prefer working this was as opposed to with the multicam clip?

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Aug 15, 2017 at 9:43:20 pm

The reason to sync multiple camera angles is so that you can easily cut to each camera angle in your timeline. Are you intending to do something else with the synced cameras?

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]