FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lumetri + Dynamic Link Color Shift

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
malcolm DeSoto
Lumetri + Dynamic Link Color Shift
on Aug 11, 2017 at 3:16:42 pm

Hey all,

So I've been using Lumetri quite a bit within Premiere. I also use Dynamic Link a lot to interface between After Effects.

I've noticed that when I send a clip to AE after applying Lumetri, the gamma dramatically shifts and I have to readjust the effect within After Effects.

Anyone else experience this?

runawaykitee.blogspot.com

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." --Albert Einstein

Return to posts index

Jorn Bergmans
Re: Lumetri + Dynamic Link Color Shift
on Aug 14, 2017 at 3:09:59 pm

What footage are you applying the lumetri color on? What color space and bit depth is this footage using?

AE is still a bit awkward with the interpretation of color spaces. It will display the correct colors (log, r.2020, whatever you have in your file) but it will handle the gamma curve of a lot of codecs as being r.709. That might cause an issue when you're working with light and adjustments.
Another issue might be that your AE project's color bit depth is different from Premiere (which is capped at 10, and tries really hard to interpret everything as 8bit color). If your AE project is on 16-bit or 32-bit float it'll handle lighting effects differently, and will cause your gamma to shift. (color should be ok-ish, but of course these things are intertwined, at least visually)

The list goes on, and without specifics on codec / settings, post workflow etc all I can tell you is that the Adobe suite isn't very accurate when it comes to handling color.

To make sure you don't get shifts halfway through your process, you could try adding the lumetri effects as the last step in your post process, or consider switching to a color correction suite such as Resolve (which does not have a very steep learning curve)

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Lumetri + Dynamic Link Color Shift
on Aug 15, 2017 at 6:26:22 am

does it change if premiere's render is software?
ae with no color management should match exactly srgb which is premiere.(if your monitor is calibrated to srgb as well)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]