FORUMS: list search recent posts

Just when everything was running smoothly...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden
Just when everything was running smoothly...
on Aug 10, 2017 at 2:10:07 am

Friggin' Windows decides to update to the so-called "Creator Update", which creatively f*'d up my audio. None of the fixes worked. I did a system restore to go back to the previous build, but a few hours later it updated again. There's a way to roll back to the previous build but, of course, that option is no longer available because my PC updated "more than 10 days ago". That's funny, I didn't realize that 2 p.m. this afternoon was more than 10 days ago.

Luckily I get sound through my two HDTV monitors, but you know how crappy that sounds compared to a speaker system (yes, I checked, it's the output of the PC, not the speakers, that sounds like crap now).

I really wish Adobe would port their software over to Linux. It's the only reason I have to stick with freakin' Windows. Bastards...

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
Premiere Pro CC 2017 v.11.0

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Just when everything was running smoothly...
on Aug 10, 2017 at 2:18:13 am

are you saying any sound played from your computer speakers soundcard is distorted, or only premiere? check its prefs-Hardware-audio or hold ALT while starting premiere to delete prefs. it's possible your media cache needs to be cleaned as well.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Aug 10, 2017 at 10:40:14 am

Hey Chris. No, not just Premiere Pro. Any sounds. From Youtube, from VLC. I did research and it seems to be a common thing. Like I said I tried all the "solutions". I'll just have to wait it out for a "fix".

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit

Return to posts index

Roger Averdahl
on Aug 10, 2017 at 11:27:59 am

Right click on the speaker icon down right at the Windows Task Bar and choose "Playback devices". Check that the speakers are selected as the "Defualt device".

It seems that the problem you have is that the "Defualt device" has been set to your HDTV instead of your speakers.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Aug 10, 2017 at 1:47:58 pm

Thanks, Roger, but, no, that's not the problem. Speakers were the default, they sound like their underwater, muffled and low volume. The underwater sound is the weirdest part. My monitors both use the Nvidia HD audio (through HDMI) whereas the speakers are, well, you know how speakers are connected. Both the front and back inputs do the same thing, plus I tested with headphones with the same result. I fixed it when I rolled back to the previous windows build so it's definitely the Creator update. As you know, it doesn't take WIndows long to re-reinstall the update. But it proves there's no physical damage to the output.

Also, if I switch to one of the monitors, then switch back to the speakers as the default, the sound still comes from the monitor. So it's all messed up. Another problem, that others have complained about, is sometimes when I boot up I can't connect to the internet other than through wi-fi. Seriously, Microsoft, WTF!!!

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Aug 10, 2017 at 2:08:35 pm
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Aug 10, 2017 at 2:14:49 pm

Here is a video I just shot of the PC with audio set to the different outputs. In the lower right you can see when I'm changing the playback devices. Towards the end when the sound gets bad again is when I switched the default. So it sounds like that whether the speakers are the default or not.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Aug 10, 2017 at 3:54:38 pm

Hi Duke,

I had the same experience recently, intermittently the audio was very weird, like you say in YouTube and such, so it's not you! I don't even know the current status, not allowed near by own computer with family always on it...

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Roger Averdahl
on Aug 10, 2017 at 5:06:38 pm

Download the latest audio driver from Dell dated 08 Aug 2017. That will probably solve the issue. Dell write this about the driver: "Enhanced driver compatibility with Windows Creators Update"

DELL - Realtek High Definition Audio Driver:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driver...

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Aug 10, 2017 at 5:14:43 pm
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Aug 10, 2017 at 5:28:43 pm

thanks for the backup, Jeff. Some people were starting to think I just come here to complain 😉

Roger, I just downloaded the latest driver right after posting that video, and here is the latest, and it ain't good.
1. Now, when I test the speakers, they play the test tones loud and clear. Beautiful.
2. Now I get absolutely nothing out of the speakers. Dead silence.
3. The weirdness has now transferred to my sound out of my Vizio HDTV.

Since I'm getting good sound on the test tones I figure it's a matter of time before I get this sorted out. I'll update and post the final solution if I come across it for the benefit of others.

EDIT: OK, add this to the list of aggravations this situation is causing. As I said I had already "updated" my driver. The link you gave me, Roger, as you stated, and as that page stated, was for a driver issued on August 8th. Great! But, when I went to install it, it says it was created on May 15th, and after trying to install it, it wouldn't because my current driver, which is dated June 10th, is newer. Grrrrr.....

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Aug 10, 2017 at 5:37:54 pm
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Aug 10, 2017 at 5:48:50 pm

Everything is back to square one. Weird sounds even on test signals.

EDIT: This time it "fixed" the problem by uninstalling the audio device!!! Grrrrr....!!!!
Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Aug 10, 2017 at 7:40:58 pm

Fixed it! I got a sound bar. $96 bucks and superb sound out of the Sony digital out.
Screw you, Microsoft.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Aug 15, 2017 at 6:30:41 am

interesting solution. I didn't suggest buying new hardware, must have been a low level driver issue from the motherboard. btw microsoft owns stock in that soundbar, jk.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Aug 15, 2017 at 1:57:28 pm

Hey Chris. I know eventually MSFT will send out an update that will fix the audio issue but the sound is much better through a soundbar anyway. I just hope their next update doesn't limit video out to 360p ;-)

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]