FORUMS: list search recent posts

10 Bits Monitor on Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
André Rodrigues
10 Bits Monitor on Premiere
on Aug 8, 2017 at 11:59:23 am

So, after research a LOT around internet and gather lots of not conclusive answers, I need someone which can give me a real answer for this.

Premiere CAN or CAN'T output images in 10bits (not export, output for the monitor) with GTX cards.

So, what I have until now, using a 10bits monitor:

GTX 10xx - As far I could get you can activate the 10bpc option on Nvidia Window. But will only work through the Display Port and for softwares which use DirectX (which is not premiere casa, it uses OpenGL/CUDA). So, looks like premiere will not work with it. I don't have the option on Premire Scopes to select 10bits too, only 8bits/Float/HDR.

NVidia Quadro - You can have a 10bits output as far I know, but I'm not sure if you have the option of 10bits on Premiere Scopes (don't have a quadro to test). And if it's a real 10bits output.

Blackmagic Deck Link - Have no Idea.

So, anyone can give me the real answer for this? Will Premiere work at 10bits with one or more of these 3 cards? Will work with the GTX 10xx?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 10 Bits Monitor on Premiere
on Aug 8, 2017 at 5:38:32 pm

[André Rodrigues] "GTX 10xx "

[André Rodrigues] "NVidia Quadro"

[André Rodrigues] "Blackmagic Deck Link "

One of those things is not like the other. You listed two GRAPHICS cards, and one VIDEO IO card. Two of those output a computer signal to a display so you can see what you are doing...interface with the computer. The other, Blackmagic Decklink...those are for outputting a video signal from editing software to a TV or broadcast monitor so you can view your video full screen and judge quality. THAT is what you need if you want to talk about outputting video from your timeline to view full screen and judge the quality.

You CAN do this with a graphics card..full screen, but you basically need to activate full screen mode...and it's not reliable to judge quality.

As for a 10-bit signal...the Blackmagic cards do output a 10-bit signal, but know that 10-bit monitors are NOT cheap. and no, I'm not talking COMPUTER DISPLAYS...10-bit video monitors...TVs...broadcast monitors...that's what gets you the proper color space. THOSE aren't cheap. I'm not even sure computer displays do 10-bit...do they?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

André Rodrigues
on Aug 8, 2017 at 7:47:25 pm

Thx for the Answer shane.

I know about the monitors and etc 😃

And I totally understand and know about the diferences between the cards.

My question was about exactly that u said, if u can use the graphics cards. So u think it's not a good idea right? I'll go for the dedicated video output so. It's a better option 😃

About your question, yes, there are good options true 10 bits like Dell's Premiere Color (UP) and BENQ do some of them too, very good 10bits displays, u can use it for sure. Of course a EIZO will be better, or Sony's... But these Dell's and Benq are very good and has a good price range. :D

Return to posts index

André Rodrigues
on Aug 8, 2017 at 8:03:11 pm

What I was observing... Maybe it's possible buy a Quadro 2000 (really cheap card) just for output 10bits to the monitor and use it for monitoring no?

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Aug 8, 2017 at 5:40:04 pm

[André Rodrigues] "Blackmagic Deck Link - Have no Idea."

The Intensity Shuttle is 10-bit but you would also need a 10-bit monitor. The video link below might be worth watching.

Return to posts index

André Rodrigues
on Aug 8, 2017 at 7:48:08 pm

Thx man! I'm aware about the monitor and other stuffs 😃

Just had this doubt if premiere would work with them :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]