FORUMS: list search recent posts

PPro is now completely unstable

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samuel Frazier
PPro is now completely unstable
on Aug 8, 2017 at 1:58:14 am

Recently upgraded to 2017 2017.1.2 release and now it's almost unusable. Won't render previews, have to close & reopen projects for the Program Monitor to actually show things, crashed fairly often, you name it. Regrettably, the last time I used PPro for any great duration was a couple of years ago (it was fine then), so it's hard to know what caused the instability. Any thoughts? I'm still making the transition from FCP, so I don't know what the rules are or what things to try. Possibly uninstalling then re-installing PPro?

Thanks ahead of time for any help!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: PPro is now completely unstable
on Aug 8, 2017 at 2:44:25 am

Call Adobe Tech Support... A technician will remote into your computer and it will be fixed when they're done.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Samuel Frazier
on Aug 8, 2017 at 3:07:32 am

Thanks!! I'll give this a try. Didn't know they accepted such calls.

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto Croce
on Aug 8, 2017 at 7:56:44 am

Have you tried to clean media cache?

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Samuel Frazier
on Aug 9, 2017 at 5:35:11 am

THANKS!! That really helped a lot. I'm still going through it and testing as there are a few issues (like artifacts appearing randomly in previews), but it's usable now. Will test more and get back if I find anything severe. Also, I changed the settings so the media cache will be deleted periodically. Guess this is sort of the PPro version of FCP's delete the preferences.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Aug 9, 2017 at 6:10:15 am

Samuel,

Sounds like you're getting things working better... and that's terrific. However, I just want you to know that, had you called Adobe as I suggested, they would have done everything you're doing, albeit after remoting in to your computer, but with a major difference being that the Adobe support engineer would have done more, while all the time talking you through the process to educate you.

FYZi, I'm telling you this because, prior to CC, I used to be one of those guys who was always fixing everyone's NLEs - and, I never called tech support, because I knew more than they did. But, Adobe changed all that - when Adobe created CC, cuz they completely revamped their tech support dept, and they hired and trained a boatload of really good technicians.

Most experienced Premiere users never call because Adobe Tech Support used be a big PITA, but just so you and everyone else here know, those days are over, Adobe Tech Support is now quite awesome.

David Roth Weiss
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on Aug 9, 2017 at 1:51:42 pm

Thank you for the support advice David.

I agree that Adobe upped their help quality by 200%. I had a wonderful tech take over my new computer and solved everything in minutes. I still would have been trying to cope with glitches without her expertiese.

Eric

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Aug 9, 2017 at 2:55:17 pm

Thank you Eric! Honestly, I thought some of the folks around here having hardware and driver issues might jump down my throat, because honestly, Adobe Tech Support are not as helpful with problems I n those areas. And, I do admit, their primary expertise is with their own software, there are simply too many different hardware configurations for them to be as good in sorting out those issues.

David Roth Weiss
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Samuel Frazier
on Aug 9, 2017 at 5:50:27 pm

Wow! That is surprising and great to know. Thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]