FORUMS: list search recent posts

Merging multiple video and audio clips for short film

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Tucker
Merging multiple video and audio clips for short film
on Aug 7, 2017 at 4:47:09 pm

Hello

I am about to begin an edit of a short film but the crew recorded the audio separately. The video clips have an embedded guide track of course.

There are many clips, shots, angles and takes. And many audio files. What is the best way to work with this? How can I merge these clips before editing without having to do it one by one in Premiere itself. This will take forever as there are so many different shots / clips.

Is there a way to edit the clips as normal using the embedded guide track audio and then somehow link the separately recorded audio after? All the turorials I have seen for Premiere and Pluraleyes seem to focus on a multicam set up with only a few audio tracks and one sequence like a music performance.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
James

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Merging multiple video and audio clips for short film
on Aug 7, 2017 at 7:45:38 pm

PluralEyes can do this.

But what you are faced with is QUITE normal. This is how post on pretty much every TV show you watch is done. From scripted to unscripted. And there are assistant editors who's job it is to bring it in and group the clips. Or there are companies that deal with digital intermediates who do this. Or at times you have editors who work alone or do this..one at a time.

Plural Eyes will make a sequence out of these...but if you want individual clips with audio and video married, that's a one at a time thing. Post is tedious...and long...and involved. Especially on the high end, which you are now starting to deal with. Yes, this takes forever, which is why there are assistants and sometimes longer edit schedules. Now you can see why even movies without visual effects take months to edit. There is a lot of time devoted to syncing and organizing...and watching...the dailies.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

James Tucker
Re: Merging multiple video and audio clips for short film
on Aug 7, 2017 at 7:51:06 pm

Thanks Shane. Until now everything I have edited (over 10 years of mostly corporates and low budget shorts) has been recorded with sound into camera or multicam syncing. As you say, I need the clips to remain separate and not exported as a sequence. I assumed that there would he a way to do this somehow in batch rather than one clip at a time. Have renewed respect for assistant editors now 😉

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]