FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to keep project nice and clean. (probably easy)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anders Haavie
How to keep project nice and clean. (probably easy)
on Aug 7, 2017 at 8:34:01 am

I edit realityshows, and I am now working on a series with 30 episodes, collaborating with other editors.

My workflow is to edit an episode, open a previously edited episode in the mediabrowser and copy some of the music/graphics etc from the timeline, into my new project. What happens is that all the files I copy end up in the root of the project which makes the projectwindow extremely cluttered with alot of files.

Is there any way to set a folder as default import folder, so that all files copied from other timelines go there? (I know I could probably import timelines but that is not optimal the way I work now)

Anders

Xraid-Xserve-Xsan-Xeverything

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: How to keep project nice and clean. (probably easy)
on Aug 7, 2017 at 11:30:17 am

Create a bin, open it, then import your stuff. I myself had been doing a hackneyed version of that but my latest project, I created sound, images, green screen etc. folders in the folder holding my assets, and the same in Project window. Then when I imported my sound effects I opened that folder in Media Browser, opened the sound effects bin in the Project window, and imported, etc.

So in your case just create a bin called timelines, open it, and then import your timelines.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
Premiere Pro CC 2017 v.11.0

Return to posts index

Anders Haavie
on Aug 13, 2017 at 12:47:37 pm

Thanks for the reply, but it is not quite what I am looking for. I want to be able to define a folder all my assets end up in when I copy something from a timeline using the mediabrowers.

I work with big projects, and I can't use the import function, cause that will make the project very very big.

Anders

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 13, 2017 at 5:24:50 pm

The next update of Premiere will address this. BOY was I happy to see that. Next version you can open multiple projects at the same time..and even LOCK them like Avid bins in a shared environment. And when you copy over a sequence, you won't get media populating the project, just the sequence.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Anders Haavie
on Aug 13, 2017 at 5:30:58 pm

Thats fantastic. Just a couple of more fixes and it will be just as good as FCP7.0 hehe.

Where can I read about the next version of Premiere??

Have Adobe released any more info?

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Aug 13, 2017 at 6:07:26 pm

[Shane Ross] "The next update of Premiere will address this."

Do you know when we will get the next update? There are still some bugs in Premiere Pro CC.

Return to posts index

Shaun Khan
on Aug 13, 2017 at 11:47:23 pm

I believe three weeks, from last speaking with Adobe Support.

Aim Higher
https://www.fd1.com

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Aug 14, 2017 at 1:23:42 am

[Shaun Khan] "I believe three weeks, from last speaking with Adobe Support."

The NAB 2017 update was a let down. I hope we get something really good this time around.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]