FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need confirmation before I submit bug report

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden
Need confirmation before I submit bug report
on Aug 6, 2017 at 12:00:36 pm

Does this happen to anyone else? I'll have a project in which I've added a LUT. Later I'll download and add some new LUT's to the Creative and Technical folders of Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.

When I re-open the project, the LUT I added will be replace by another LUT, as if PPro doesn't assign LUT "D" to the clip, but rather, LUT "4" in the list, and if I add a new LUT that comes before LUT "D", it moves down one and the former LUT "C" will take it's place on the clip, which is a real pain if you can't remember what LUT you actually added. Luckily I don't use LUT's all that much anymore but I'm sure a lot of people do. And it's not that cut and dry so it's not a matter of moving up or down one LUT on the dropdown list.

So, again, does anyone else experience this before I submit a bug report?

Dell XPS 8920
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
Premiere Pro CC 2017 v.11.0

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Need confirmation before I submit bug report
on Aug 6, 2017 at 1:52:32 pm

luts are stored in a relative way. its very bad programming by adobe. neil recommends creating sub folder names. any luts simply added will not be loaded into lumetri the same way. is it a bug? if you mean lazy programming, then yes, go ahead and bother the bug report submission. maybe in 3-4 years they'll fix it, but I doubt it.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Aug 6, 2017 at 2:41:13 pm

You've touched on the number one frustration that I have with Premiere. Not only do LUT's get linked to clips based on their numerical placement within their respective LUT folder which seems completely wrong but if you share a project with another editor it's almost impossible to maintain the LUT's due to each Premiere system having it's own LUT folder organization.

In addition, the process of re-attaching LUT's to clips through the media linking process is also riddled with inefficiencies.

There needs to be an overhaul of the LUT organization within Premiere but I guess it'll require more people complaining about it to get traction.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Aug 6, 2017 at 3:37:50 pm

one upside, you can force placement with a "1" in front in renamed lut. as premiere sorts numerically first then alpha.
maybe someone should make a LUT sorter that syncs files across computers. and detects broken changes with lut installs. I mean, a guy sells a program that changes 1 digit in a XML file for speedgrade!

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Aug 6, 2017 at 6:43:42 pm

Oh well, at least I'm on to something here ;-)

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
Premiere Pro CC 2017 v.11.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]