FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080i vs 720P High Bitrate

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Sample
1080i vs 720P High Bitrate
on Aug 3, 2017 at 3:20:00 pm

I create gaming videos for my Youtube channel, and if I want to record game footage in 1080p I have to record 1080i then de-interlace it, my question is, is it better to record 720p then upscale to 1080p, or to record in 1080i and de-interlace it, which one would actually end up looking better if the videos bitrate is about 30 Mbps?

Nathan Sample

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 1080i vs 720P High Bitrate
on Aug 5, 2017 at 4:50:50 pm

It sounds like you may need to get new screen capture software. 1080p is pretty common these days. Scrutinize new capture software before you buy. Don't get the first thing you find or go by the recommendations of your friends. Really check it out, and if they have tryout versions, TRY BEFORE YOU BUY.

Something else to know -- you won't get any more quality by setting your machine to display something ludicrous like 120 frames/sec or even more. It just eats up file space. Besides, youtube can't play back anything more than 59.94 or 60 frames/sec. So you'd just be wasting your time.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nathan Sample
Re: 1080i vs 720P High Bitrate
on Aug 5, 2017 at 11:09:01 pm

Thank you for your reply,

The capture program I use is Elgato Game Capture, however my television is 1080i or 720P only, and Elgato won't do 1080P because it has to loop from the source to the television. (Hopefully that makes sense)

I know it adds alot of time to the production of a video, but I'm totally fine De-interlacing my 1080i footage to 1080P, my main question though was would it be better to just record 720P at a much higher Bitrate and then upscale it to 1080P in Adobe Premiere?

Right now my source video files are .MP4 h.264 codec at a framerate of 30 Frames a second and a bitrate of 30 megabits per second.

My export settings in Adobe Premiere are .MP4 h.264 codec 29.97 FPS and 8 Mega bits per second (CBR)

I hope I made sense in my reply, thank you again.

Nathan Sample

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]