FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere pro using startup disk even after changing cache and media cache locations to external drive

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Jackson
Premiere pro using startup disk even after changing cache and media cache locations to external drive
on Aug 1, 2017 at 6:29:04 pm

Out of nowhere Premiere Pro has begun using up vast amounts of space on my startup disk.

Despite having made my external raid both the cache and media cache location premiere eats up all my startup disk space within 5 minutes of opening the application. When I close premiere the startup disk space used by the program becomes available again.

This problem began happening out of nowhere. It has been working fine for weeks up until today.

Has anyone encountered this problem. How do I keep premiere pro from using my startup disk?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Return to posts index

Ann Foo
Re: Premiere pro using startup disk even after changing cache and media cache locations to external drive
on Aug 3, 2017 at 1:40:48 am

Go to Preferences - Memory
There you can allocate how much RAM you want Premiere to use (I've got 11GB assigned to Premiere and 5GB assigned to other applications). You can also also Optimize Rendering for Performance (rather than Memory)

Return to posts index

Craig Jackson
Re: Premiere pro using startup disk even after changing cache and media cache locations to external drive
on Aug 6, 2017 at 1:40:07 am

Thank you Ann. However still encounter the problem. Adobe folks have been trying to figure it out with no success. Going to do a clean install of OS and see if that fixes things.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]