FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip Assembly (naming, ins/outs, etc) in one project, Sequences and editing in a different project - Premiere Pro CC17

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Yearout
Clip Assembly (naming, ins/outs, etc) in one project, Sequences and editing in a different project - Premiere Pro CC17
on Jul 31, 2017 at 4:13:42 pm

I'm working with a small, inexperienced team that will help me sort through gobs of footage that is being captured during a multi-day event. I was thinking that I could set up separate projects for each day that the teams would be able to drop the footage into and then review, sort, rename, and apply ins and outs to, and then I would come back in later and import that project into a main Master project to start putting those clips into sequences.

I'd really rather not have the volunteers have to assemble sequences, even though I know there is a very easy way to simply import a sequence into another project, simply because I want them to be able to essentially drag and drop and be out of my hair, haha.

Does anyone have experience with this, or have any suggestions of how to mesh some different techniques together to accomplish this?

Return to posts index

Ann Foo
Re: Clip Assembly (naming, ins/outs, etc) in one project, Sequences and editing in a different project - Premiere Pro CC17
on Aug 3, 2017 at 1:33:03 am

I've done this on a few projects. My assist imports and syncs rushes, then I import his project into my main master project to cut with.
In the Master project, click Import and select the asssist's project.
You will get a pop-up asking if you want to import selected sequences, or the whole project. I select the whole project, and tick the box saying 'create folder for imported items' and untick the box 'allow importing duplicate media'.
That way, if you import the asisst's project every day there are new rushes, it will not re-import the old rushes you already have in your master project.

Return to posts index

Mike Yearout
Re: Clip Assembly (naming, ins/outs, etc) in one project, Sequences and editing in a different project - Premiere Pro CC17
on Aug 3, 2017 at 2:50:54 pm

Exactly what I was hoping to hear! Thanks so much!!

Return to posts index

Ann Foo
on Aug 3, 2017 at 9:29:34 pm

No problem. Also should mention, you and the assist should not change the clip names of your media. If either of you do, then the next time you import, the clip with a new clip name will NOT be seen as 'duplicate media' and will be imported, even if you untick the 'allow importing of duplicate media' box.
For this reason, the assist should be the one naming all subclips and the main editor should not change clip names for this system to work. If you want somethign changed, get the assist to do it BEFORE you start cutting with that clip. If this doesn't happen to often, you will have to live with the duplicate clips.
Its not a perfect environment for sharing so I'd advise you to do a few tests so you can get your head around how it works before jumping straight into a project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]