FORUMS: list search recent posts

Serious question on export time: Does solely LENGTH of the video affect it all?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david simons
Serious question on export time: Does solely LENGTH of the video affect it all?
on Jul 31, 2017 at 2:36:36 pm

Dear community,

I really need to fix this. I want to export long videos, 3h-10hour videos and it takes my modern PC (i5-4690k, 970gtx, 16gb ram) for each GB (using uncertified CUDA) 2hours. The 10hour movie I just attempted took / would take 24hours of high-usage of both CPU and GPU, that is nuts.

What my video contains is only a still image, an animation and an mp3 or wav-file that is all. That can under no circumstances take up so much space (in this case 22GB!) and time.

The export settings are as followed:

The sequence settings are XDCAM EX 720p24

Can anyone please explain me how to drasticly lower both the file size and the export time? Simply for a modern-standard 720p video with very good audio and good video quality, since it doesnt need to be 4k for simply a rain animation or else..

I am looking forward to your reply. Thank you very much

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Serious question on export time: Does solely LENGTH of the video affect it all?
on Jul 31, 2017 at 8:46:47 pm

Tell us more about your computer. See my signature as one example. We need much more information to assist you.

What format/codec is the original footage? No FX?

It sounds simple. Your project may indeed be simple. What is your goal for file size and render time? Have you achieved those goals in the past? If so, on what system and software?

It is possible your goals may not be realistic. Without more information, it is hard to say. Even with the compression of MP4, 3-10 hour videos are going to be large file sizes, unless you crush the bandwidth.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Serious question on export time: Does solely LENGTH of the video affect it all?
on Jul 31, 2017 at 9:16:38 pm

Why are you exporting as 23,976 when your sequence is 25fps? That will add extra computation time and probably some stutter to the export.

[david simons] "The sequence settings are XDCAM EX 720p24"

You'd be better off using a custom sequence setting that matches your sources unless your source footage is actually XDCAM.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Jul 31, 2017 at 10:12:05 pm

[Tero Ahlfors] "Why are you exporting as 23,976 when your sequence is 25fps?"

Very good point that will definitely increase the encode time.
Also 2 pass encoding is turned on which will increase the encode time considerably.
In most cases there's no need to use a 2 pass encode.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Aug 1, 2017 at 4:10:54 am

After reading this again you have me confused.

You say your sequence settings are XDCAM EX 720p24 but the screen shot shows a source of 25fps and an output of 23.976. As mentioned in a later post why would you be exporting to 23.976 when 25fps is the source but also what really is your source frame rate. Is it 24 or 25fps.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Aug 1, 2017 at 11:22:44 am

"What my video contains is only a still image, an animation and an mp3 or wav-file that is all"

So you're not even using a source file from a camera? Just a still image? Where is the animation coming from? Are you creating it yourself?

Dell XPS 8920
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
Premiere Pro CC 2017 v.11.0

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 1, 2017 at 1:42:06 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 1, 2017 at 4:59:08 pm

[david simons] "...What my video contains is only a still image, an animation and an mp3 or wav-file that is all. "

Hmmm... an "animation". Not very specific. If this "animation" happens to be an After Effects composition, you're not just exporting, you're rendering each frame of the composition... and who knows how complex it is?

Not to mention your frame rate conundrum, which slows things down....

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]