FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Find sequence in project". How to keep it inside Project panel instead of pop out window

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden
"Find sequence in project". How to keep it inside Project panel instead of pop out window
on Jul 28, 2017 at 1:36:40 pm
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Jul 28, 2017 at 1:37:33 pm

Before I got my new PC I could search for a sequence in my project panel (you know how sequences can end up all over your project) and it would highlight the sequence inside whatever bin it's in.

But now when I search for a sequence, it opens the bin in a new window. I want it back to the old way, opening the bin inside the Project Panel. Google is not my friend in this case. How to do?

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: "Find sequence in project". How to keep it inside Project panel instead of pop out window
on Jul 28, 2017 at 5:47:20 pm

Go to the root first then Reveal in Project.
If you are in a bin that does not contain the sequence it will open a second window.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: "Find sequence in project". How to keep it inside Project panel instead of pop out window
on Jul 28, 2017 at 8:04:29 pm

Thanks Ann, but I could swear I didn't need to be in the root before. Many times I'll create a sequence from a clip or a still, next thing I know the sequences are all over, so I'll right click the open sequence in the timeline to "Find sequence in project" and it will go to whatever bin it's in, inside the project panel. Or maybe I'm hallucinating.

btw I did what you said and, yes, it does open inside the project panel, but.... ;-)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 28, 2017 at 8:12:51 pm

I often work on edit projects with a whole boatload of timelines. They ALL go into a single bin and get fastidiously named to avoid confusion. It takes a little time, but eliminates a whole lot guesswork & searching.

Case in point: last night I ended up making 12 different timelines for one project.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Jul 29, 2017 at 10:42:54 am

Hey Dave! I think we went through this before. You use "timelines" and "sequences" interchangeably, I believe, but we're talking about the same thing. But do you ever use "Make new sequence from Clip"? With my green screen stuff I do it all the time, so sometimes I'll make one from an image, and the sequence ends up in there, or I'll make one from a green screen clip, and the sequence ends up there.

Dragging it from where it is, to my sequence bin, is sometimes difficult, what with bins and sub-bins, so I would have to "copy" it and paste in the sequence bin, but if I then delete the original sequence, well, you know.

Anyway, that's why I can't create sequences as neatly as you do. I know you said you do green screen as well sometimes. Maybe you have a sequence creating technique you'd like to share.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 31, 2017 at 3:07:55 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 1, 2017 at 5:04:33 pm

Pretty simple, Duke... I almost NEVER create a sequence from a clip. I almost always duplicate an existing sequence, aka timeline.

In my mind, "sequence" denotes an image sequence -- tiff, targa, PNG, jpeg, what have you --
and everybody's already familiar with the workings of a timeline. So yeah, I use the terms interchangeably, but I still gravitate to "timeline" because it's so darned descriptive.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jon Merrifield
on Nov 10, 2017 at 5:34:18 pm
Last Edited By Jon Merrifield on Nov 10, 2017 at 5:45:08 pm

As a veteran PPro/AE user this was driving me nuts on new Windows system. (Switched from Mac) Each time you select "reveal project sequence" in PPro 2017 it would open your bin in a pop-up. Even if I already had the sequence selected in the project bin. (I use this same feature to find clips as a keyboard shortcut often to get to master clips of things in a sequence, was giving same result of a new pop out bin)

I tried all the preference changes, project always opened at root, Reset all preferences etc... nothing.

Then, about a week later, today, I changed Preferences/General/Bins/Double-click to: open in place and clicked ok. Then I actually double clicked a sequence and the associated bin replaced my project bin.
Then I closed and re-opened my project bin (had to move it back to normal placement) and closed the "edits" bin that opened on the double click. Then back to preferences to change the bin setting for double click back to open new window.

Now when I choose "reveal in sequence in project" under the sequence flyout tab, it reveals the sequence (or clip or whatever) in the project window, (no matter which folder/bin I have open) as expected.

I am only posting this now in the event someone else has this issue and this recipe works for them as it did me.

cheers,
-Jon

ps I'm with Dave, there is no substitute for organization and it is the soil all creative work blossoms from.

Jon Merrifield
PELi VFX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]