FORUMS: list search recent posts

New computer. Switch from PC to Mac?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hannan
New computer. Switch from PC to Mac?
on Jul 26, 2017 at 7:13:44 pm

My laptop here at work is up for replacement and I've been offer either a new PC or Mac. For day-to-day work I prefer Macs but I've used both extensively... A couple question for the experts here:
  • Is there much of a difference in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite on PC vs Mac? (I primarily use Premiere, AE, Auditions, and Illustrator)
  • In a vacuum is one "better" than the other?
  • Can files be transferred and edited on both operating systems?
  • Anyone have experience with this move? Is it worth the hassle?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: New computer. Switch from PC to Mac?
on Jul 27, 2017 at 1:50:33 pm

I recently made the switch from Mac to PC at my office, as have a few others...

- As far as I have seen, there is no real difference in the Creative Cloud Software.
- I think it's personal preference which you go with. I like the Mac OS better, but I got a far superior PC for the price and can upgrade it as needed. Graphics cards are becoming increasingly important and a PC can give you more options.
- Yes, we have multiple editors passing off projects between Mac and PC with little issue, besides them occasionally seeing file paths differently. Then it's just a matter of reconnecting.
- I think it's worth it to go with what your comfortable with. I do worry that Apple isn't giving the professional users as much attention as they have previously and their hardware isn't as robust. With how quickly technology is changing and the inability to upgrade parts in a Mac, they may not have the lifespan it once did.

Return to posts index

Paul Hannan
Re: New computer. Switch from PC to Mac?
on Jul 27, 2017 at 8:23:07 pm

After doing a bit more research yesterday/today I'm leaning towards IOS. It seems like their are less gaps between PC & Mac now than there used to be but I just like the look and feel of Macs. Also my IT admin claims the specs are identical across my machine options (it's just whether its a Dell XPS, Lenovo ThinkPad, or MacBooks). I have no proof/research to back this up but I think I'll get more power from the same specs on the MacBook.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]