FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smart Rendering confusion

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Vak
Smart Rendering confusion
on Jul 25, 2017 at 5:11:51 pm
Last Edited By Alex Vak on Jul 25, 2017 at 5:13:05 pm

Hello everyone, here's what I'm trying to do: convert ("rewrap" if you like) DVCPRO HD Panasonic P2 file structures/videos, into single files that contain only video/audio (preferably .mxf, 2nd choice .mov), with the occasional in/out cuts and with absolutely no transcoding. Official guide states it should be very possible, especially with DVCPRO:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/smart-rendering.html

However, since there is way of knowing what is actually happening in Premiere, and exports seem to take a suspiciously long time (suggesting some encoding might be going on, instead of what should resemble a copy/paste operation speed-wise), can you please tell me if these procedures are correct?

1. Browse and import P2 clips into the project.
2. I then create a sequence by dragging one of the clips (all clips recorded in the same format).
3. No filtering whatsoever, only cuts.

Export:

1a) Format: MXF OP1a, Preset: Match Source (Rewrap), no other changes.
or
1b) Format: MXF OP1a, Preset: Custom, Video Codec: DVCPRO (correct format). The "Enable Smart Rendering codec" option is greyed out and cannot be enabled in the 1a/1b situations.
or
2. Format: Quicktime, Preset: Match Source (Rewrap). "Enable Smart Rendering codec" is nowhere to be found here.

I also cannot understand how "Enable Smart Rendering codec" becomes available ('tickable') only when selecting codecs different to the source, such as AVC-Intra, XAVC, XDCAM etc. no matter what the output resolution is. What kind of Smart Rendering that would be? Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Smart Rendering confusion
on Jul 25, 2017 at 5:21:33 pm

I don't know the solution to your question, but I do know your method will compromise any link to the camera masters. NO way to match back to the camera masters as no original data will transfer using this method. The file you make will have to be your new master, and should be archived in at least 2 locations.

You can try to use Resolve to do this. But again, it'll be a new source without any link to the camera masters.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Jul 25, 2017 at 5:25:35 pm

http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2012/10/11/smart-rendering-in-premiere-...

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Jul 26, 2017 at 7:53:11 pm

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/using/smart-rendering.html

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index