FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why is there so much difference in video colors and quality when playing the same video on VLC media player and playing it on YouTube

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mohd Faizan
Why is there so much difference in video colors and quality when playing the same video on VLC media player and playing it on YouTube
on Jul 23, 2017 at 7:45:42 am

I have encoded a video in Adobe Premiere Pro at 1080p and uploaded on youtube, but it looks very different on youtube what it looks like on my PC VLC media player.

System Configuration
i7 6700K
16 Gb ram DDR3
Nvidia Quadro K2200

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Why is there so much difference in video colors and quality when playing the same video on VLC media player and playing it on YouTube
on Jul 24, 2017 at 12:18:20 pm

Does it look different in VLC than it does in Premiere Pro's program window as well? If you open the encoded file in Premiere Pro and it matches the original post video, then go to preferences (or tools, I forget which) and go to the video section. There's a dropdown list there. Choose "Use Open GL" (NOT "Use Open GL experimental") and that will fix the problem.

If your video looks the same in VLC as it does in Premiere Pro, then it's a youtube thang. In which case are you encoding using a youtube preset? If not, do so.

Return to posts index

Mohd Faizan
Re: Why is there so much difference in video colors and quality when playing the same video on VLC media player and playing it on YouTube
on Jul 24, 2017 at 1:20:48 pm

Thanks.

Video inside Premiere Pro and on Youtube looks same.
But different on VLC.

Actually, the problem was due to the graphic card,
Changed Output Dynamic Range, Limited to Full.

Return to posts index

Marc Nibor
on Jul 24, 2017 at 12:29:13 pm

It's your Nvidia Drivers settings and it's a known issue.

You can fix that Problem by opening "NVIDIA Control Panel"
then go to > Video > Adjust video color settings
on the right side under "How do you make color adjustments? make sure "With the NVIDIA settings" is active
go to the advanced tab and choose Full (0-255) That's it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]