FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why is Premiere messing up the Audio Track Allocations

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Marginet
Why is Premiere messing up the Audio Track Allocations
on Jul 20, 2017 at 10:13:49 pm
Last Edited By Brent Marginet on Jul 20, 2017 at 10:15:12 pm

I just did a test with a Stereo ProRes Clip and found that it's changing my track allocations when I Modify the Clips Audio. Left is going to Right and Right is going to Left. What's it going to do when I Modify a 5.1 or 7.1 Clip, who knows but I need to figure out how to fix this before the new Media arrives.

Here's some screen shots of the Modify Clip Box and the Timeline.
Note how the A1 Audio Track has A2 on the clip and not A1.
This makes absolutely no sense and it makes even less sense that to fix the track order I must check the R on Clip 1 and L on Clip 2.
Even by changing this A2 is still what comes up on Track 1 of the Clip.

Adobe CC right up to Date on EL Capitan

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Why is Premiere messing up the Audio Track Allocations
on Jul 22, 2017 at 12:15:47 am

Any Ideas what's going on here.
Anyone.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Jul 27, 2017 at 3:40:40 pm

Anybody any suggestions.

Adobe can you at least step in here.
This makes absolutely no sense why PP is changing the Track Allocations.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Jul 31, 2017 at 11:25:19 pm

Hi Brent,

It appears that your source patching got reversed. Not sure why that happened, but that is why the ordering is wrong. If you change the source patching does the clip go into the timeline correctly?

Thanks,

Peter Garaway
Adobe

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Aug 1, 2017 at 4:01:42 am

Yes if I reverse my source patching so that Clip 1 is Right and Clip 2 is Left then the audio tracks switch to the correct allocations. Problem is that this is not only incorrect patching but the A2 and A1 labels on Track 1 and 2 don't change.

What's even weirder is that not all Video Files end up with reversed Audio Allocations. The sample in the screen capture is easy to visually see the reversed tracks because of the audio that proceeds the tone but not all Videos have this.

I can't be quessing which is correct for each clip especially when it starts doing this with 5.1 Videos. The Centre and LFE tracks are easy to figure out but not the Left, Right, Left Surround or Right Surround Tracks.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Aug 1, 2017 at 4:58:07 pm

Hmm, that's really weird. I've asked our audio engineers and they are not sure what's going on. They would like to get a project and media if possible.

If you are able to provide the project and media that would be very helpful. You can reach me at pgaraway at adobe dot com

Thanks and sorry for the hassle.

Peter Garaway
Adobe

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Aug 5, 2017 at 5:04:05 am

Hope you got my email with my sample Video.

I do have an update which leads me to wonder whats going on.
I managed to test the same file on three other systems with PP and none of them are having the same issue.

I also recently picked up a couple of used 2014 MacBook Pros and PP doesn't mess up the Track Allocations on them either.
Of course it ends up being my main system which is also my fastest 12 Core Mac Pro that has this issue.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Aug 9, 2017 at 11:32:23 pm

Hi Brent,

Sorry for the delay. I did get you email, thanks! As you could have probably guessed your file checked out fine on our systems.

It sounds like Premiere has some bad prefs stored somewhere. Have you tried clearing your prefs and/or uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

You file looks good but if you want to also share an empty project that could help us as well.

Peter Garaway
Adobe

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Aug 10, 2017 at 12:49:03 am

Bad Prefs make sense.
As I was saying in my previous post I managed to get my hands on some other systems with PP installed and none of them are giving me the same issue.

Would you be able to tell me which prefs I should delete and where they would be located on EL Capitan. I could also try Digital Rebellions Preference Manager to see if it will clear up this issue.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Aug 10, 2017 at 9:58:44 pm

I removed all my preferences and that didn't work so I did a full uninstall and when it asked if I wanted to keep my preferences I said no and let the uninstaller delete all of them.

I'm really PO'd now because it still hasn't fixed the problem.
Damn Premiere is a piece of crap.
Guess I will do all of this with Avid like I've done in the past.
I was hoping to capitalize on the speed of AME for exporting after doing these stupidly simple edits.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Aug 18, 2017 at 4:40:20 am

Hey Peter anymore suggestions.

I've deleted all the preferences that I can find, uninstalled and reinstalled PP as well as ran Digital Rebellions Preference Manager and nothing has fixed the problem. This is my main system and I have to have it working properly ASAP. This problem is so stupid it makes me wonder why I'm forced by clients to use PP.

I can't stand working on my Laptop and there's a big project coming up that I really need my main system working for.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Aug 20, 2017 at 11:41:28 pm

I'm not going away until someone can figure this out for me.

One and only one system has this issue and it's the most important one.
I absolutely cannot rebuild my system at the moment (to many Avid/Resolve projects going on) but I need this working.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Aug 23, 2017 at 7:52:53 pm

Hi Brent,

If you like I can put you directly in touch with someone from the team who's familiar with this area. Again, getting a project from you would be the most helpful.

Let me know! You can email or response here.

Peter Garaway
Adobe

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Aug 24, 2017 at 2:58:30 am

Yes I can send you a project and a sample video.
Now things have gotten worse because I thought okay I will take the project and open it on my laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad, stupid idea because now it's doing the same thing on my Laptop.
Even worse it now effects new projects and sequences that I create from scratch on this Laptop.
My install of PP worked perfectly until I opened this project on it and now it's unusable as well.
Whatever the issue is it's in the project and it's now corrupted PP on my Laptop, this makes no sense.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Aug 24, 2017 at 3:10:54 am

Yikes! That's really odd. Please email with your project file and a sample video. I'll connect you with the right folks.
petergaraway at adobe dot com

Peter Garaway
Adobe

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Aug 24, 2017 at 8:25:41 pm

Hi Peter I solved the problem.
There's still something weird as I will explain below.

My Sequence was setup as a DNxHD Sequence because all of the files that were coming in were supposed to be DNxHD.

Now the first three that came in were ProRes and because I was going to be dropping up to 8 to 10 Videos in a Timeline, some being ProRes but most being DNxHD I naturally made a DNxHD Sequence. I ended up making a ProRes Sequence for the heck of it and the problem went away with these ProRes Files. I've Transcoded the three short ProRes files to DNxHD and now I can drop all of these Videos into a DNxHD Timeline with no issues.

I don't quite get why dropping a ProRes Video into a DNxHD Sequence causes the Audio Track Allocations to get screwed up though and I hope that there aren't to many more ProRes Files. Some of them are two hours long and I really don't want to Transcode Videos that are that long if I can help it. I've received 21 Videos so far and only three are ProRes so I'm crossing my fingers hoping that all the rest will be DNxHD.

Very weird anyway.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Aug 24, 2017 at 9:38:42 pm
Last Edited By Peter Garaway on Aug 24, 2017 at 9:44:21 pm

Well, I didn't think that would cause this issue. Nonetheless, I'll pass along the details and see if we can repro in house. Thanks for letting us know your findings. Hopefully, it will help us or others who may encounter this issue.

Would it be possible to get one of those ProRes files? We seem to not be reading it correctly.

Peter Garaway
Adobe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]