FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video layers for alpha screen dipping to black on transitions

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Nagle
Video layers for alpha screen dipping to black on transitions
on Jul 18, 2017 at 3:56:30 am

Hey Team,

I've been putting together some lower-third type overlays for a video commentary track. The cherry on top is (Video Co-Pilot's plug-in) SABRE laser beam on alpha that I created in AE. I rendered out millions of colors + alpha fro AE, though still need to set the opacity as a screen on Premiere. Not sure why this is, or if there's actually a true alpha there, but either way it works most of the time.

The problem is transitioning. Regardless of transition style, Adobe or other plug-ins, the .MOV laser layer's opaque screen immediately transitions back to black (laser still on top) for the duration of transition, regardless of how many frames long. Video and sequence settings are in accordance.

I'm sure there's a way to port this over to AE with Adobe bridge, or whatever it may be called, but I've never done it. Hoping for the sake of expediency I can do this whole thing through export right in Premiere.

Would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions!!!

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: Video layers for alpha screen dipping to black on transitions
on Jul 18, 2017 at 4:40:09 am

Recently Premiere Pro has been getting glitchy when using transitions with filter. It might be a bug. I get a color shift sometimes. See if software only mode (CPU not GPU) helps.

Return to posts index

Brendan Nagle
Re: Video layers for alpha screen dipping to black on transitions
on Jul 18, 2017 at 6:30:12 am

YESSS!!!! You are my hero!

Thank you!!! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]