FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Media Encoder Audio Settings / Premiere Audio Sequence settings

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liz Parham
Adobe Media Encoder Audio Settings / Premiere Audio Sequence settings
on Jul 12, 2017 at 8:57:07 pm

Setting up an offline / online workflow and need to batch transcode 4k footage with 4 mono channels to 1080 proxy with the same amount of channels so when I relink back to my 4k footage the audio will match exactly. There isn't a "same as source" button for audio so I could either do
1 stream --> 4 channels
or click mono and add 4 streams with source channels being 1-1 , 2-2 , 3-3 , 4-4...

I did a test and my original footage says "4 channel mapped to 4 mono" + my proxy file says "4 mono." So when I created a 4k sequence with 4 channels, pasted my proxy file into the timeline, made the clip offline, reconnected back to my original footage, only one audio channel reconnected instead of all 4. Not sure there isn't just a "pass through" for the audio in AME...i might switch to DaVinci if I can't get this right.

I don't want to use premiere's newest proxy workflow because I basically want to only edit with proxy media and move my original media to a separate drive until I'm ready to relink back. This is a longform project with many TBS of footage.

other question: when I create my sequence setting in premiere, when I do "new sequence from source" it creates a sequence with audio info: stereo but there are 4 audio tracks on my timeline which seem correct. Do i want to manually go in and change the sequence settings to 4 mono or leave as is?

thank you creative cow members!!

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Adobe Media Encoder Audio Settings / Premiere Audio Sequence settings
on Jul 13, 2017 at 12:51:55 am

This is where you could/would use Resolve to create your Offline Media.
It allows you to choose "Same as Source" for the Audio.

Just make sure that the Reel Column is filled in for every clip by setting up the "Conform Options" in the "Master Project Settings".
If the Main Camera(s) had Embedded Reel Metadata then use "Embedding in Source Clip File"
You will then need to modify the Clip Attributes for any extra Cameras that did not have the Embedded Reel Name.
Select just the Clips with Empty Reel Columns, Right Click, Select Clip Attributes and set only those to "Source Clip Filename"

If none of your Cameras had Embedded Reel Name Metadata then set the "Conform Options" to "Source Clip Filename".
See the attached screen shots.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Liz Parham
on Jul 13, 2017 at 1:17:37 am

Thanks for useful images! I actually did a test in Resolve as well and tried to manually disconnect the proxy + reconnect to the 4k footage and still same thing happened with the audio channels not relinking back in premiere....but the proxy file audio channels are exactly thr same..4 channel mono

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Jul 13, 2017 at 3:26:42 am

[Liz Parham] "Do i want to manually go in and change the sequence settings to 4 mono or leave as is?"

You should choose a Sequence Preset that's as close to what your going to use for this project as possible.
Choose ProRes, DNxHD or whatever Video Codec and Frame Size your going to use for your Proxies.
Then setup the Audio Tracks to at least reflect the Original Camera Audio plus however many extra you think you may need.
This is when you would setup at least the first 4 Audio Tracks to Mono unless your Camera Recorded more than that.
Now save this as a new Preset. You will then find this Preset at the bottom of the list in Custom Presets.
Load your new Preset and then start dropping media into the Timeline.
If you set this all up properly this should solve your Audio Re-Linking Problems.

Note: You must do this before you drop any footage into a Timeline.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Liz Parham
on Jul 13, 2017 at 2:16:44 pm

Thanks Brent! If my clips are 4 channels (lavs and boom) all mono do I change my sequence settings to multichannel or mono? Here I did multichannel. When I go to audio properties after creating my sequence, the channels are "adaptive"....should I change to mono as well?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]