FORUMS: list search recent posts

film color preset?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joel pollock
film color preset?
on Jul 12, 2017 at 4:02:55 pm

hi. first time poster. love the forum here.

i'm wondering if anyone can tell me what color preset may have been used in this clip? i'm pretty sure it's some cinematic preset and not color correction on the clips. but i might be wrong. any ideas? thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: film color preset?
on Jul 12, 2017 at 5:41:27 pm

Cinematic presets are VERY RARELY used, if at all, in most professional video. Shot by shot color correction is done by trained professionals. And has to be as the varying lighting conditions of this project alone are demanding. You might have someone even out the shots and make them match, and then create a look that they then apply to all. But rarely does one just put a preset on footage and call it a day.

Not trying to be snarky or elitist, but presets are rarely used. And if they are used (I've used them when starting out grading)...the shots are first balanced so they matched, as I stated. And then I added a preset. MANY MANY companies make these...Red Giant, Sapphire, Boris...many more.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

joel pollock
on Jul 12, 2017 at 8:01:01 pm

thanks.

in that case - i guess what i'm asking is how i can achieve the look of the color used in this video? i know it can't be explained exactly in detail.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 12, 2017 at 10:42:16 pm

It can't be explained...sorry. I don't know what you have to start with...where you need to work from. And even then, that means that I'd have to attempt to do it, and then explain the process. Coloring like that is a lot of fiddling with knobs and balls in various directions to see what works. You have colors in those directions, so you know where you are pushing them, but to explain where to push, how much...without seeing the source...very difficult.

Might need to read up on color correction theory and do a couple tutorials and then try yourself, or hire someone.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jul 13, 2017 at 12:12:43 pm

hmmm, i didn't see much in here. they lowered contrast and saturation. maybe tinted red towards pink. how is this a preset?

Return to posts index

joel pollock
on Jul 13, 2017 at 7:19:07 pm

@chris - thanks. that's exactly what i was looking for. did the trick.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]