FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to remove silence from the audio track, while keeping the video track in sync with what remains of it?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro Santos
How to remove silence from the audio track, while keeping the video track in sync with what remains of it?
on Jul 11, 2017 at 11:18:32 pm

I can remove silent parts of a clip's audio track in Audacity and shorten its duration. My issue is that I end up with a video track bigger then my audio track. I can Stretch it so it matches the duration of the shortened audio, but since the silence distribution is not uniform I will have many many places with audio and video out of sync.

I'm wondering if there's a tool out there that would allow me to truncate the silence and at the same time take care of the video sync?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: How to remove silence from the audio track, while keeping the video track in sync with what remains of it?
on Jul 12, 2017 at 1:22:19 am
Last Edited By Brent Marginet on Jul 12, 2017 at 1:27:29 am

First why do you want to remove the silence.
Is this so called silence very noisey, is that why.

If so this is really a manual process where you drop the clip into a Premiere Timeline and cut the silent sections out.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: How to remove silence from the audio track, while keeping the video track in sync with what remains of it?
on Jul 12, 2017 at 5:59:11 am

Adobe audition delete silence no duration change automatic.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]