FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio cuts in and out during playback

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden
Audio cuts in and out during playback
on Jul 11, 2017 at 8:21:09 pm

Ok this is the first "heavy" project I've done with the new PC so I'm pretty sure it must be my files. I've got a lot of green screen, and for some reason instead of transferring my files to my media hard drive I kept them on the SD card and made proxies from there. The crap 720p green screens I got from youtube play fine. I figured the ones I shot would be really smooth but they're kind of heavy, even though I transcoded to DNxHD...

Anyway, whether I play the file in the source or program monitor the sound is choppy which makes it a little hard to adjust the audio. Encoded files play fine. Is it just the weird way I brought the files into Premiere Pro? Just looking for opinions. I'll google choppy audio as soon as I'm done here.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Audio cuts in and out during playback
on Jul 11, 2017 at 9:32:01 pm

Move your media off the card. And what is your render bar status showing?

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/red-yellow-and-green-render-bars/

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Jul 11, 2017 at 11:03:10 pm

Thanks, Todd. Yeah, I figured as much. It was more of a brain fart than a "new way" of doing things. By the time I realised what I'd done I couldn't bother to do it right but then, of course, one clip out of 12 refused to encode. It looked fine but came up as media offline after I encoded the video. Lesson learned.

Not sure what you mean by render bar. You mean the one that goes red, yellow and green? If so I haven't really paid attention to it since I rarely render within the project.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Jul 11, 2017 at 11:04:54 pm

Sorry, read your link. Yeah, as I said I never really pay attention to those. But I'm pretty sure the sound problem came from working off the SD card instead of downloading my files onto my media hard drive.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jul 12, 2017 at 9:11:01 am

[Duke Sweden] "working off the SD card "

Dude, what? Never do this. Best case scenario: you'll have performance issues. Worst case: you'll mess up the card and lose your footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]