FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere 11.1.2 crashing when opening project files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jackson
Premiere 11.1.2 crashing when opening project files
on Jul 10, 2017 at 11:14:59 pm

I have been working on a Premiere Pro edit and now when I open up the project it crashes.

I am on Creative Cloud and using 11.1.2 - It loosk like there are known issues with this release:

Premiere Pro could crash while opening updated projects or when importing media...

Source: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/known-issues-premiere-pro-cc-2017.h...

The fix suggested by adobe is to bring in the media into a new project, that is created with the latest version... This won't work as my original file/project won't open.

I'm on a ROD 752 with 48 GM Ram intel i7-6700 at 2GHZ

Ta

Republic of Gamers, G752VM-GC017T 17.3" Core i7 Notebook Win 10, DDR4 32 GB Crucial 2133MHz Ram.
Adobe CC 2017 Suite.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Premiere 11.1.2 crashing when opening project files
on Jul 11, 2017 at 1:34:12 am

Give this a try.

Create a new project.
Use the PP Media Browser to navigate to the original project and click on it.
Turn the tab to reveal everything that's in the original project.
This could take awhile depending on how large you project was.
Now drag everything you need from the original project into the new project and save it.

Don't say it won't work until you've tried it.
This has saved my ass more than once so at least give it a try.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

David Jackson
on Jul 12, 2017 at 2:30:08 am

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your reply.

Fortunately it is a small project and I could open and copy the original project material!!!! So that;s great.

However Premiere keeps crashing and it's done so three times in the last 15 minutes that I have been trying your solution...???

Error Message

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.1 has stopped working

My C Drive is red lining, would that have anything to do with it? I'll try and delete unneed files from C Drive.

OR, as I have CC, should I roll back my version to an earlier one, they try and recover my original project?

Once again thanks for kind advice and support!

David

Republic of Gamers, G752VM-GC017T 17.3" Core i7 Notebook Win 10, DDR4 32 GB Crucial 2133MHz Ram.
Adobe CC 2017 Suite.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Jul 12, 2017 at 3:12:17 am

[David Jackson] "My C Drive is red lining, would that have anything to do with it? I'll try and delete unneed files from C Drive.
"

If your running out of space, yes that can cause all kinds of issues.
Windows requires it own Cache Space and if your Adobe Caching is set to Drive C then that can definitely cause issues.

You should have at least 50gb of free space on C and really it's best if at least half of your C drive is empty.
Many people use there boot drive for there Media and App Caching and that's just not a good idea at all.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.

Return to posts index

David Jackson
on Jul 12, 2017 at 4:29:53 am

Hi Brent, Cleaned up C Drive

-- Still no luck with getting any version of Premiere to open...

I've looked on youtube and there are a few different fixes , could it be a graphics card issue? I've also been getting the white screen issue in the program monitor when editing and to solve this I have had to re-install Premiere and it has come back for a while.

Adobe CC 2017 Suite.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Jul 12, 2017 at 4:46:07 am

Seems like a few people are having a ton of issues with PP on Windows 10.
I wonder if that's the common problem.

Have you called Adobe, I've found them to be quite helpful in a couple of instances.

Return to posts index

David Jackson
on Jul 12, 2017 at 7:36:58 am

Ok - While I have been waiting a call back from Adobe Support - and missing their first call back!! opps,

I loaded an app called GeForece Experience - It said there was no driver!

Adobe just called me back !! I said the issue was fixed.

I asked about the white screen issue on playback and it looks to be a cashe issue - So learnt heaps today!

There we go.

Adobe CC 2017 Suite.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]