FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy and Pasting a Clip Removes Motion Attributes

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Klaumann
Copy and Pasting a Clip Removes Motion Attributes
on Jul 9, 2017 at 6:57:51 pm

Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong!

I have a clip (video or still image) with motion attributes applied, zoom in, etc. I copy (cmd+c) and paste (cmd+v) the clip and the motion attributes are stripped off. The filters remain. I can copy and paste attributes to the new clip and I can option drag the clip and the motion attributes remain but copy and pasting strips them off.

I first noticed this when creating textless multitrack sequences and my photos were missing the moves, then I realized that copy and pasting within the same sequence does the same thing. I dumped the preferences (Preference Manager) but no luck.

AP v11.1.2 (22)
Max OS 10.12.5
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
2.7 GHz 12-Core Xeon E5
64GB 1866 MHz DDR3 RAM
Dual AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB
Blackmagic Ultra Studio Express (Driver 10.9)

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Copy and Pasting a Clip Removes Motion Attributes
on Jul 9, 2017 at 10:05:24 pm

Not sure if this helps but I have in the past copied the "Motion" settings from one sequence and pasted them into another sequence. Have you tried that? I know they are like separate from everything else in the effects panel when it comes to copy/paste.

Return to posts index

Michael Klaumann
Re: Copy and Pasting a Clip Removes Motion Attributes
on Jul 12, 2017 at 11:18:28 pm

Thank for the suggestion and yes that works but when you have 900 clips in a timeline it can get a little tedious. Plus the fact that you literally have to check every clip for motion attributes, there's always that little resize you forgot about. ☹

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]