FORUMS: list search recent posts

YouTube quality?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lyub Omir
YouTube quality?
on Jul 9, 2017 at 2:32:09 pm

Hello!
I am trying to achieve crisp image in YouTube . Is it possible by some trick/export settings or this are the YouTube limitations?

My export settings:
H.264 / 1 440p
24fps NTSC
Profile: High; Level 5.2
VBR 2 pass; Target Bitrate [Mbps] 28 / Max Bitrate [Mbps] 55
Max Render depth/quality

873Mb / 4:18 min

The original image is very crisp ~ 3K
Yet watching it in YouTube in 1080p looks very sketchy , 1440p Is somewhat better but the quality is nothing near the original and the YouTube compression is very noticeable ☹ especially in the more fast parts the image degrades.

In the past I have uploaded few 2+GB files for 1080p ~70mbps but the quality was exactly that sketchy.
My computer is slow so I cant make many tests - Can somebody gives me the right export settings for this video - if it is possible to increase the visible quality?
(also is VBR 2 pass really makes some difference? it takes so much time...)

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: YouTube quality?
on Jul 9, 2017 at 4:25:08 pm

When I export Videos for YouTube or Vimeo I use the default Single Pass VBR - 10mbit H.264 Preset.
There's not really much point in trying to increase the quality of your videos because they re-encode them at about 10mbit or less anyway.
There's also really no point in going any higher than 1080p.
Use 24fps as you have also because then the compression per frame is less than if it we 30fps or higher.

The final quality you see will also be bandwidth limited.
If you have a slow internet connection or computer they limit the bandwidth so it can be played back real time.
People want to see constant playback as opposed to it stopping, buffering, stuttering etc.

So in a nutshell the problem is YouTube and not your Video.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]