FORUMS: list search recent posts

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sofia Crespo
on Jul 7, 2017 at 1:46:46 pm

I am about to purchase a laptop and am considering using the Adobe Creative Cloud products, such as Premier Pro, Illustrator, etc.

I am creating a language video tutorial product on Amazon Web Services free-tier. In case it is relevant, the videos will be embedded in my webpages, and stored on AWS S3.

I neither want to under nor over purchase. If business succeeds, I will upgrade hardware when necessary.

As entry level for this use, are there any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Newbie
on Jul 7, 2017 at 2:00:45 pm

I assume you will be editing video only? No special effects? If so, you can make do with an i5 core and 12-16 gigs of RAM. If you plan on using fancy transitions and color grading then you might have to think about an i7 core. Of course I'm just above you in experience so I'd wait for more experienced voices, but sometimes, they just don't come, in which case, my suggestions are valid.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jul 7, 2017 at 3:02:14 pm

everything duke said is valid. we don't know what you will be doing though. 2k is i5, 4k is i7 needing 8 threads. any resizing a good gpu is recommended. any largely uncompressed video codecs will require a SSD if bitrate above 100mb/sec.
good budget gpu: 1050ti as 1060,1070,1080 prices have doubled. if you want to wait, there will be 6 core laptops soon.

there are some money saving tricks, proxy editing for slow cpu. small proxy files for slow hd's. no resizing or noise reduction in the timeline.

what does buying a gpu get me?
gpu accelerations:

some effects (complete list at the bottom of this post)
scaling (details here)(big one here for downrezzing 4k to web 1080)
deinterlacing
blending modes
color space conversions

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/cuda-mercury-playback-engine-and-adob...

further reading on parts vs. system performance.
https://www.pugetsystems.com/all_articles.php

Return to posts index

Sofia Crespo
on Jul 7, 2017 at 4:53:37 pm

Thank you both for your greatly appreciated replies!

Sofia

Return to posts index

Hugh Hill
on Jul 7, 2017 at 5:42:06 pm

Hi Sofia,

I use PC's and Macs and will agree that if you can go with an i7 processor with as much ram as you can afford you are on the right track, I would lean towards Mac not only because they are really stylish but also super reliable and the real winner is watching your output files on it is awesome (Like night and day) and if you are ever to show your clients in person it would make a much larger impact.

That's only my opinion though.

Best

Hugh

"There are those who may,
And those who will,
Or so they say.
Lastly there are those special few,
Who say nothing -
But in their actions DO! (HH)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved