FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro CS6 Wipe Effect

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victoria Guzik
Premiere Pro CS6 Wipe Effect
on Jul 7, 2017 at 4:03:54 am

Hi,
I have still photos of playbills in my timeline and I am trying to put the wipe effect between each one. When I go to preview the timeline it freezes after the third photo and hold that on the screen for the duration of the timeline. If I click on the timeline,, it will show the photo that I click on. When the effects control panel is viewed and I click on each photo it show the effect is working. Thanks.
Victoria

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Premiere Pro CS6 Wipe Effect
on Jul 7, 2017 at 3:29:25 pm

Make sure the stills are the same size in height and width as the sequence.
Premiere tends to choke on large stills.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Jul 7, 2017 at 10:30:41 pm

Thanks. They are within the same size with maybe only a few inches because they are scans of playbills. and the playbills were all about the same size. And, I did have to do the scale to frame size. It is really weird because if I stop the play and start it past the third one some of them play again. I have never had this experience before, but I haven't used the effects control that much.

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Jul 8, 2017 at 2:04:07 am

Thank you, Ann. Your post got me to thinking. The playbills were scanned at a high resolution. Just changed the resolution in Photoshop to 72 and I think it is going to work. I just previewed them without the transitions and could view them one after the other which I couldn't do before. I had used higher resolutions for photographs before and had no problem, but I don't remember whether I had done this in Premiere Pro cs6 or an earlier version. I had just scanned a large number of photographs at this higher resolution because I zoom in to them and do a lot of edit with them. This is a large project and I hope I don't have to adjust them because of this high resolution that I used. Again, thank you.
Victoria

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Jul 8, 2017 at 3:54:27 pm
Last Edited By Ann Bens on Jul 8, 2017 at 3:55:18 pm

DPI means nothing in video, that is just for printing. The only thing that matters is the resolution in pixels.
Making the stills the same size as the frame means resizing them in Photoshop to the same height and width in pixels as your sequence.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Jul 8, 2017 at 6:30:12 pm

Thank you so much for your help. It is now working because I changed it to 72 land watched my resizing. Pleased with the results. after working for hours trying to resolve this on my own. Learning a lot from the site.
Victoria

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]