FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting Quicktime Prores 422 project and audio dissappears

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Coulson
exporting Quicktime Prores 422 project and audio dissappears
on Jul 6, 2017 at 10:19:37 am

I had to edit a series of mp4 video files. I converted them to Apple Prores 422 and then imported them to FCP 7 to do some minor editing. When I exported the QT file, there was no video. I've tried experimenting with each audio export option under: Export to Quicktime or Export with Quicktime conversion. Several videos exported just fine with the same codec's etc....but one or two don't have audio. The videos were shot on the same camera, recorded on the same device and each raw .mp4 file has audio intact. When I edit the files, the audio plays fine in FCP. The audio is indicated as 48k 16 bit integer. The raw files have the AAC audio codec. I've tried exporting to that one too but not to no avail.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: exporting Quicktime Prores 422 project and audio dissappears
on Jul 6, 2017 at 3:02:07 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jul 6, 2017 at 3:30:17 pm

Now, you DO understand that FCP 7 has been essentially dead for almost 7 years, correct? Why use it AT ALL? What do you gain by doing so, other than inheriting problems from ancient software, probably running an OS much newer than 10.8.6, the last OS totally approved for FCP7?

Just start over from scratch. Leave FCP out of the mix. Or just deal with the problems FCP has already caused for you.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: exporting Quicktime Prores 422 project and audio dissappears
on Jul 6, 2017 at 5:45:51 pm

I so second that and to Steve you do know that this is a Premiere Forum.

I'm so sick and tired of dealing with FCP-7 user problems in our small 3 man facility that we have tripled our rates to solve there issues.
Oh yeah, you add FCP-X to the list of useless NLE's as well.

So let's hope we can force everyones hands into using something that isn't from the Dark Ages.

"MY MEDIA MOTO: If you think three copies of your media is enough.
Take a moment to place a value on it and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]