FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kylie Murphy
DVD Export
on Jul 4, 2017 at 6:31:59 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to export this project for a DVD but I'm unsure the best way to go about it. The project itself is about 1 hour and 24 mins. I read about exporting it as an MPEG-2 DVD file, but as I'm trying to do this it says the export will take over 10 hours. I would like to have it done quicker and I'm also worried about my computer overheating. Is there a quicker or easier way to do this? I'm also not sure what the next step would be after I finish exporting to get it on a DVD.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: DVD Export
on Jul 4, 2017 at 7:16:14 pm

No dvd is mpeg2, you cannot use any other format.
Next step would be: get a better computer.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Jul 4, 2017 at 8:46:14 pm

You don't have to export the project as MPEG-2.
DVD's are MPEG-2 but the exported MPEG-2 file from Premiere will not be a Transport Stream file. It will be a single file and if you look in the VideoTS folder of a DVD you will see that there are a few files in there with the largest ones being about 1gb. DVD transport streams on DVD's have a maximum size of about 1gb so they use file spanning.

What I'm getting at here is that no matter how you export you will have to do a two pass encode anyway. I will give you an example of what I do when making auto start DVD's.

I export to ProRes LT with 6 to 8 seconds of black at the start and end of the show first. The 6 to 8 seconds is there because many DVD players skip the very start of playback and so some of your show would then be cut off. Then I drop the ProRes file into Toast Titanium and set it up to Create an Auto Start DVD with no menus. This ends up taking far less time and system resources. This is on a Mac but I'm sure there's a similar way to do it on a PC.

For Authored DVD's bring the ProRes File into Encore.

If your worried about heat then speed up or add more fans to your system.

"MY MEDIA MOTO: If you think three copies of your media is enough.
Take a moment to place a value on it and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Jul 4, 2017 at 9:57:31 pm
Last Edited By Ann Bens on Jul 4, 2017 at 10:11:16 pm

My advice is to go straight to mpeg2-dvd instead of using prores or some other lossy codec, to avoid an unnecessary encoding step (and quality loss). Lossless codec files such as Lagarith are usually huge.
Import into Encore, make menu and burn or make an iso and burn with ImgBurn or CDburnerXP.
On a side note one cannot export to prores on a windows machine.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]