FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re-position the timeline-cursor where it started from?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angelika Blaschke
Re-position the timeline-cursor where it started from?
on Jul 4, 2017 at 11:00:52 am

Dear cows!

I am on my Premiere CC timeline. I click the space bar to play the clips from where the cursor currently is located. Then I click space again to stop the playing.
My question now is: Is there a shortcut for repositioning the cursor exactly there, where it started from when pressing "play"?

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Re-position the timeline-cursor where it started from?
on Jul 4, 2017 at 11:38:41 am
Last Edited By Simon Ubsdell on Jul 4, 2017 at 11:44:25 am

You can use the "Play Around" button which automatically returns the playhead to the start position.

Edit: The shortcut for this is Shift+K.

Adjust the pre- and post-roll in the Playback Preferences.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Yair Bartal
on Jul 4, 2017 at 5:01:56 pm
Last Edited By Yair Bartal on Jul 4, 2017 at 5:02:20 pm

you can:
- Press i to set an in point.
- spacebar to play then stop.
- Shift-i to bring playhead back to the in point.

Return to posts index

Angelika Blaschke
on Jul 5, 2017 at 8:32:42 am

Dear Simon,
Thank you very much for the Shift+K hint -- that workes well and I find it a great feature! Is there a "button" in Premiere for that as well (for clicking it with the mouse?)

Dear Yair,
that sounds great with the "Shift+i" to "bring playhead back to the in point". Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for me. When doing so, the playhead always jumps back to the sequence's beginning.

Best wishes

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Jul 5, 2017 at 8:42:15 am
Last Edited By Simon Ubsdell on Jul 5, 2017 at 8:43:59 am

[Angelika Blaschke] "Is there a "button" in Premiere for that as well (for clicking it with the mouse?)
"

If you click on the plus sign at the bottom right hand corner of the Program Monitor, you can customise your button palette to add this option.

Hovering over the button options shows you the label for what each one is.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Angelika Blaschke
on Jul 5, 2017 at 9:12:02 am

Oh so great, Simon! I found it and applied it.
Thank you very much.
And: do YOU probably know on how to bring back the playhead back to it's starting position?

Return to posts index

Angelika Blaschke
on Jul 5, 2017 at 9:20:57 am

Uh, Simon, and one more question directly following this one: I want to make this feature a very prominent personalized shortcut on my keyboard by defining a new shortcut. So, instead of "Shift +K" I would prefer a doubleclick-on-the-spacebar. Is it possible to determine DOUBLECLICKS as a shortcut?

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Jul 5, 2017 at 9:30:20 am
Last Edited By Simon Ubsdell on Jul 5, 2017 at 10:32:17 am

[Angelika Blaschke] "So, instead of "Shift +K" I would prefer a doubleclick-on-the-spacebar. Is it possible to determine DOUBLECLICKS as a shortcut?
"

As far is I know, you can't assign shortcuts to double-clicks, however there are so many different ways you could map this.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Jul 5, 2017 at 9:26:55 am

[Angelika Blaschke] "And: do YOU probably know on how to bring back the playhead back to it's starting position?"

I'm not sure what you mean. Play Around should do this for you - is that not happening?

If you mean how does Yair's suggestion work, you need to make sure to set an InPoint that you want to come back to, and you can do this by hitting "I" on the keyboard. Then when you hit Shift+I it will return to that point.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Angelika Blaschke
on Jul 5, 2017 at 11:33:44 am

Okay, Simon, thanks for the quick reply!
You're right. This depends on the in-point. Considering that, it works, just as Yair said.
Anyway, I find it disturbing 😉 setting an in-point beforehand. Honesty I cannot understand why a mighty program as Premiere CC did not program a function like bringing-back-the-playhead-to-the-start-position...
Nevertheless -- thank you all for your answers! 🐮

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Jul 5, 2017 at 12:42:37 pm

[Angelika Blaschke] "Honesty I cannot understand why a mighty program as Premiere CC did not program a function like bringing-back-the-playhead-to-the-start-position..."

What do you mean by this? Do you want the playhead to revert to the start of the sequence? I thought you simply wanted it to revert to where you'd positioned it before hitting Play, which is why I recommended using Play Around.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]