FORUMS: list search recent posts

multiple video formats in single sequence adobe premeire pro CS6 version 6.0

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Metchik
multiple video formats in single sequence adobe premeire pro CS6 version 6.0
on Jul 3, 2017 at 6:21:05 pm

Hi create cow gurus,

I used an iphone to record lots of video on a recent trip I took. Some vertical, some horizontal. Is there anyway to get the original format of each video to play? Currently, because I dragged a vertical video into the sequence first, any horizontal video gets it's sides cut off, and only plays as a small square in the middle of the screen. Would be great to get any advice you may have on this. Thanks!

Aaron

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: multiple video formats in single sequence adobe premeire pro CS6 version 6.0
on Jul 3, 2017 at 7:11:29 pm

How do you plan to play it back?
What's the display device going to be?
Did you shoot using a special camera app?
Is there sound that has to stay in sync with the video?

All crucial questions that need answers........

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Aaron Metchik
Re: multiple video formats in single sequence adobe premeire pro CS6 version 6.0
on Jul 3, 2017 at 7:39:13 pm

Hi Dave,

I plan for final export to be a quicktime or h264 file, primarily for playback on my laptop.

I filmed using the default video camera on iphone 7 plus.

I would love for the sound to stay in synch with the video, so far it has not stayed in synch at all.

Thanks again for any help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 3, 2017 at 9:17:28 pm

I'd try to use Apple's iMovie for this. No kidding. It would probably work better. Here's why:

[Aaron Metchik] "I filmed using the default video camera on iphone 7 plus."

Oops. Big mistake. Your phone shoots in a VARIABLE frame rate. PP only works with fixed frame rates. That's why the video & audio drift out of sync. Not much you can do about it now... except to use a different editor. I would think that iMovie works okay with iPhone video. I can't comment using iMovie to mix normal horizontal & vertical (eeew!) video.

For future reference, you should look at getting an app called Filmic Pro. It forces iPhones to shoot at a fixed frame rate. It solves a lot of problems.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]