FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Card Issues? Pixelating image

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julius Miller
Video Card Issues? Pixelating image
on Jul 2, 2017 at 10:17:56 pm

Hi there

Not sure if this is strictly related to the Premiere site but could not find another forum to post on - please advise a better spot if there is one.

I have started to notice some issues and I think it is related to my video card but not sure. Just wanted some advice before I decide to upgrade - in case it is not necessary.

I have attached some pictures as they probably explain it better - but the screen seems to 'pixelate' in certain spots.

It seems to happen mostly when using Adobe Premiere CC - but it does happen other times - I am just on Premier most of the time - so thats when I notice it most.

Any way any advice would be great.

Machine details are:

mac Pro 5.1 - 32gig ram
OSW - 10.11.6
GTX680 Video card 2gig (not original mac but flashed)

thanks

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Video Card Issues? Pixelating image
on Jul 3, 2017 at 3:43:15 am

I've seen this problem before and it's generally but not always a result of RAM issues on your Video Card. The reason you would see it happening more with apps like Premiere is because they push the GPU much harder than most others do.

Try running some render tests with DaVinci Resolve with it set to use CUDA and see what happens. It really pushes a Video Card, especially during playback and I've actually seen artifacting in the Rendered Videos from Resolve when a Video Card is failing.

"MY MEDIA MOTO: If you think three copies of your media is enough.
Take a moment to place a value on it and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]