FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro export very undersaturated, low contrast when exporting with Media Encoder vs Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathanael Chadwick
Premiere Pro export very undersaturated, low contrast when exporting with Media Encoder vs Premiere
on Jun 30, 2017 at 3:04:01 pm

I have been searching many forums, and found many people having the same problem - but I couldn't seem to find a solution.

When exporting a Premiere Pro file (to H.264) I get completely different results when using Media encoder vs exporting directly from Premiere. When using media encoder, the results are horribly undersaturated, and do not match what I did in premiere at all.

Now most people have said its a quicktime player issue, but its not. While the players have slightly different results, they are both way off when comparing the Media Encoder export to what I had in Premiere:

Other forums said it may be an issue with the iMac I have? Or possibly the graphics card?

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Premiere Pro export very undersaturated, low contrast when exporting with Media Encoder vs Premiere
on Jun 30, 2017 at 6:59:22 pm

What is the wrapper/codec/bitrate of your original footage?

I am curious, noting that although you have a variable bitrate selected for your output, you also have both the target and max bitrate at 8MBps. Why not simply do a fixed bitrate?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Premiere Pro export very undersaturated, low contrast when exporting with Media Encoder vs Premiere
on Jul 1, 2017 at 12:47:26 am

If your monitor is not color calibrated to srgb, nothing will look right as premiere
is hard coded to srgb and will ignore any color profile on your monitor.

You can use transform luts from p3 or adobe rgb to srgb with lumetri. Also,
Set vlc to opengl video to match opengl driver gamma in premiere. Quicktime
Uses direct drivers with 16-235 pixels which changes the gamma.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Jul 1, 2017 at 2:35:25 am

Chris' suggestion to set vlc to opengl video is what fixed the problem for me.

Return to posts index

Colin Ruggiero
on Feb 3, 2018 at 1:36:37 am

Hi Chris,

I've been struggling with these issues for a long time and have read a lot of your posts on these threads. I don't understand your suggestion to calibrate your computer monitor to the color profile that Premiere works in for two reasons. One is that, no matter how I calibrate my monitor, the program monitor display inside Premiere looks the same. And the other reason is that material in Premiere looks identical to me as it does in color managed After Effects and a host of other players. I know that lots of different issues get conflated in these gamma shift/color management threads. Mine, for now, is washed out videos in QT, Youtube and Vimeo. But I just can't see how calibrating your monitor, or using LUTS inside Premiere could be related to this particular issue. And when you talk about calibrating your monitor you must be referring to hardware calibration in a broadcast monitor rather than software profiling a computer display? Otherwise I just can't see how it makes any sense. Any thoughts you might have much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Feb 3, 2018 at 3:16:25 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Feb 3, 2018 at 3:18:06 am

when you setup dispcal, set it for lut. use that calibrated lut in premiere as premiere will not support any color profiles by os.
if your monitor is p3, premiere only understand srgb so a translation lut is required. vimeo is 16-235. youtube is 16-235 or 0-255 depending on many factors.(see item#1 below)

1. "going to your YouTube channel's edit options, choosing 'retouch' for one of your videos, and then saving without even changing anything. Sometime in the next two to ten hours YouTube will re-encode it to VP9, and then it will display properly on most browsers."
this thread has most of the youtube fixes."
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2297635

2. youtube
Solution/workaround to NVIDIA control panel's dynamic range setting to 0-255 changing the appearance/gamma of YouTube-uploaded videos (even though other videos on YouTube don't react to the setting):

3. https://f1.creativecow.net/10598/fixmyyoutube
it doesn't work with adjustment layers directly
you have to use it in the dropdown for the export in adobe media encoder. or you can NEST it first.
its a premiere bug. also it needs to be copied in both premiere-lumetri-technical and adobe media encoder-lumetri-technical

4. VLC will match premiere exactly the same if you set its tools-prefs,video output to OpenGL to match premiere's opengl . quicktime doesn't use opengl so its going to wrong most of the time.

i have tested youtube inside chrome and it matches exactly from my monitor using a pixel sampler. I have tested using ame vs premiere, they both match
and import correctly. the main reason why this fails is that people have 3rd party video codecs installed on their computers. in medinfo, it should say quicktime RLE main or something similar, not lavsplitter or something weird.

Return to posts index

Colin Ruggiero
on Feb 4, 2018 at 10:36:38 pm

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, Chris. And thanks for all of the info you provided - I've seen your posts all over the place on these forums and it seems like you're really doing a lot to try to help people, which I really appreciate.

I've read the stuff you posted here in other posts of yours though and I feel like what I'm currently experiencing is something else. Might be easiest if I reply directly to the numbers in your response:

1. Youtube is definitely re-encoding my content and mapping the levels inaccurately. No matter what codec, and I've tried everything, I upload, the rec.709 0-255 file that I'm uploading displays as 16-235. I've done everything I can think of, including retouching, to get Youtube to re-encode the file as VP9 but it won't do it. When I check the stats on my videos, even 3 or 4 days after "retouching" the files are still encoded as AVI/MP4.

2. I'm using a new iMac Pro (but I've had the same issues on other computers and other monitors) that doesn't use an NVIDIA card so this is not an issue here.

3. I've used your fixmyyoutube LUT and been very thankful for it in the past but it always crushes my blacks a little too much. Saturation in the image is restored and matches what I see in Premiere but the blacks end up really crushed.

4. VLC already matches what I see in Premiere exactly. I also don't have any issues with AME vs. PP exports.

Thanks for the info about using DisplayCAL to create a LUT. That's valuable and I may do that in the future to get a more accurate image inside of PP. But that is not my biggest issue at this point. My PP Program monitor matches what I export when played back in VLC and other players except QT. QT and Youtube match and are washed out. Exports from Premiere that I then import into color-managed AE also look identical. For example, I process a time-lapse in AE and export out as ProRes 422 using a completely color-managed workflow. I know you often recommend turning color management off in AE but I'm a fan of keeping it on. If I import that ProRes file into Premiere and then export it back out of Premiere using a variety of codecs they all match what I saw in both After Effects and Premiere. Those files opened in VLC or other players (except QT) also match with each other and with what I saw in both AE and PP. I have a second HP monitor that is just calibrated with puck and software and everything matches there as well. When I upload those files to Youtube they look like shit and no amount of retouching or tweaking causes them to be recompressed in a way that fixes the issue. I should add that they look bad on Youtube in various browsers also, not just one. This is not a monitor calibration issue. It's possible that it's some sort of browser issue but I doubt it. Any thoughts? And thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Feb 4, 2018 at 11:45:29 pm

does your graphics card have a video gamma overide?
in premiere's scopes, what does it say the black level is at?
did you try ae's utility color profile converter to burn in rec. 709 16-235 input/output darker?
what is your monitor gamma set to?
premiere only understands 2.2. premiere isn't affect by monitor gamma but web browsers are, could be a discrepancy there.

Return to posts index

Colin Ruggiero
on Feb 5, 2018 at 6:00:41 pm

Thanks Chris,

I can't find any way to override gamma settings on my graphics card. It's a Radeon Pro Vega 64 card and there don't seem to be drivers available for Mac as they're built into the OS. I can change system wide gamma in the calibration panel or Display settings in System Prefs but that seems to be it. Gamma is set at 2.2

Black levels are at 0 on Premiere's scopes.

I haven't tried AE's color profile converter. I want to be working in the full 0-255 range and should be able to maintain those levels throughout the pipeline without problem.

Everything matches and looks correct except for Youtube and Quicktime. Starting to think that QT is just QT and is always messed up and the issue might actually be some sort of video playback and/or web browser gamma discrepancy with my graphics card but I can't think of anything I can do about that. You know, since I spent a fortune on an iMac "Pro" that is not really pro and doesn't allow me any access to graphics card settings. The video looks fine in non-QT video players though so that makes it seem like it's likely some sort of browser issue. I've tested on both Chrome and Firefox and had the same issue.

Return to posts index

Colin Ruggiero
on Feb 5, 2018 at 6:56:13 pm

I already responded to your previous post but this is a follow-up. This is looking more and more like a browser issue at this point. I swear I controlled for this earlier but now looking at my test videos in other browsers I'm seeing strange differences. When I watch on Youtube in Firefox I see "proper" colors that match what I see both in Premiere and in After Effects perfectly. I looked into color issues with Chrome and found a whole bunch of info on washed-out colors in chrome after version 6,1 due to some color profile matching feature. Thought maybe my whole current issue boiled down to that. But then colors in Safari match what I see in Chrome. So my questions at this point is it it's possible this is a wide gamut display issue and that everything I'm seeing in After Effects, Premiere, VLC, etc. is over saturated and Chrome and Safari are actually closer to the correct values? I don't see how that could be the case since my computer display is accurately calibrated, After Effects is color-managed, and in Firefox the uploaded video colors match perfectly. But I also don't understand how the image I'm seeing in After-Effects, which is color-managed, is the same as the image I'm seeing in Premiere, which is not. Seems like the only way this could be the case is if my monitor were calibrated to the same Rec.709 color profile that PP and AE expect by default and the colors were just "passing through." But my display is not set to a rec.709 profile.

I'm aware of the futility of trying to make everything match and that's not what this is about. I'm completely accepting of the fact that there will be differences in every viewers configuration and that my videos will look different in each of those. I just want to make sure that the washed out colors I'm seeing on Youtube in Chrome and Safari are not a result of something in my control.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Feb 5, 2018 at 8:04:48 pm

I did a test on my system. My monitors are calibrated using the x-rite x1 profiler.

I have a perfect match with the file in Premiere when playing back in Firefox and using Vimeo or Frame.io.

I get a slightly washed out look in Chrome in both Vimeo and Frame.io.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Colin Ruggiero
on Feb 6, 2018 at 3:17:48 am

Thanks for doing that, Greg. I calibrate my monitors the same way and have pretty much the same experience - washed out in Chrome but matching in Firefox. Also matching on local video players except QT. This seems weird as Chrome is supposed to have more robust color management than Firefox. I'm curious what your computer monitors you're using. Interestingly, Youtube in Chrome on my Macbook Pro match what I see in Premiere. But, like I said, Youtube in Chrome on my iMac Pro are washed out and Youtube in Chrome on both an older iMac and an older Mac Pro are also washed out. At this point, I might just call this the margin of error that you can't overcome and let it be.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Feb 7, 2018 at 10:56:14 pm

I have a pair of Dell U2410 monitors that have been set up using x-rite x1 pro and Dispcal.

The Chrome issue is consistent overall for me and therefore I would lean toward it's being the source of the problems.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Colin Ruggiero
on Feb 8, 2018 at 2:11:17 am

Thanks for your feedback, Greg. Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Feb 6, 2018 at 2:04:46 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Feb 6, 2018 at 2:06:09 am

this is your problem right here...
"But my display is not set to a rec.709 profile. "

you need to use an adobe RGB to rec. 709 2.2 gamma -or- P3 to rec. 709 transform LUT for EVERYTHING. even your browser doesn't know what P3/adobe RGB is.
much less a 20 year old quicktime player.

Return to posts index

Colin Ruggiero
on Feb 6, 2018 at 3:38:56 am

Hey Chris,

I'm going a little nuts with this stuff and trying to keep track of all of the variables. I really appreciate your help and I sense that you have more technical savvy than I do - so please don't read any disrespect into this - I just want to figure this out. And I can't believe that what you're saying is the answer. I've been making videos professionally for almost 15 years, including for broadcast, and neither I nor any other professional I know has ever used a transform LUT to reinterpret everything on their monitors. There has to be an effective way to work with wide gamut monitors without jumping through hoops to turn them into standard gamut monitors. I recognize that PP isn't color managed and that what I see inside Premiere on my wide gamut monitor isn't going to be accurate. But After Effects is color managed and can account for my wide gamut monitor in a properly color-managed pipeline and what I see in AE matches what I see in PP close enough. And that matches what I see in video players besides QT. And who cares about QT anyway. And some modern browsers do understand properly tagged Adobe RGB/P3 content. The reason that properly color-managed videos in After Effects look drastically different on Youtube in certain browsers than they do everywhere else is not because I'm not using a transform LUT on my whole system. And before anybody jumps in and says their bit about a properly calibrated broadcast monitor through a profession i/o device - that's not it either. I've worked with professional i/o and broadcast monitors for a long time. I don't currently use one for a variety of reasons but that whole line of reasoning is irrelevant here. Without a broadcast monitor I may not be seeing the ultimate truth of my video's color - but whatever color bias is there should be the same in color-managed AE on any given monitor as it is in Youtube on that same monitor unless Youtube or the browser is changing something about the way that video is displayed. Does that make sense? Do you think my analysis is flawed here? I work with ProPhoto RGB photos constantly. My calibrated monitor and color-managed software allows me to accurately translate and proof their colors in sRGB and, once they are uploaded online, they match those proofs exactly. After Effects should and does work the same way when I edit and monitor in a calibrated Rec.709 workspace. Something is happening in Youtube and Vimeo or some combination of Youtube/Vimeo/various browsers/etc. that is causing the videos to be incorrectly interpreted.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Feb 6, 2018 at 4:27:24 am

I believe you are having multiple issues, that's why it's confusing. You are grading with a wide gamut monitor, but premiere ignores it.
AE with -> simulate display turned off(even with color management on) is acting as a 'passthrough' for your monitor, once again in dumb mode like premiere. that is problem#1

#2 is that youtube doesn't do adobe rgb/p3. it does rec.709 or srgb gamma 2.2. its hdr can do rec.2020, but that's different.

#3 vimeo is rec. 709 2.2 16-235 using broadcast pixel encoding. (don't ask me why, its on their recommended encode page)

so.. to recap:
if you want AE to work for your monitor, set view-simulate display to your native color space of your monitor
if you want premiere to work with wide gamut, set lut from your native color monitor to rec. 709 2.2
if you want youtube, set monitor to rec. 709/srgb with fixes in previous thread inside chrome.( I haven't tested firefox)
if you want vimeo, set same as youtube but encode as 16-235.
if you want video player, either set your monitor to rec. 709 or use a color managed player like madvr

Return to posts index

Colin Ruggiero
on Feb 7, 2018 at 10:01:10 pm

Thanks once again for your reponses, Chris.

I know that you're right about the inaccurate display I will see in PP when working on a wide gamut monitor. But your suggestion to calibrate my monitor to rec.709 so that PP acts as a "pass-through" doesn't make any sense since PP ignores any monitor calibration. I think you mentioned earlier in this thread that a solution to this is to add your monitor calibration LUT to footage in your timeline in PP. That doesn't seem like it would yield any sort of correct color to me either but I assume that you're right and I will try this out.

In response to the issues that you think I'm experiencing:
"You are grading with a wide gamut monitor, but premiere ignores it.
AE with -> simulate display turned off(even with color management on) is acting as a 'passthrough' for your monitor, once again in dumb mode like premiere. that is problem#1"
I don't think you're correct about how color management works in AE. "Simulate display" is for testing display on un-managed devices and other scenarios and is not necessary in order for AE to provide an accurate and color-managed display. I have verified, both through Adobe's support and through personal trials, that AE provides a fully color-managed display to your computer monitor with "simulate display" disabled.

#2 is that youtube doesn't do adobe rgb/p3. it does rec.709 or srgb gamma 2.2. its hdr can do rec.2020, but that's different.
I'm aware of this. My footage is all rec.709 and I'm only interested in it displaying accurately as such on the web. In AE and other color-managed programs I can monitor my video accurately enough for web display, even on my wide gamut monitor, by simply making sure that my computer display is accurately calibrated. Obviously inside of PP is a different story. I'll try your LUT suggestion. I thought that I could get a fairly decent image to monitor (for web use only) by just using Mercury Transmit to a second computer monitor calibrated to Rec.709. But I don't think that's the case - the Mercury Transmit feed out of PP must not be color-managed at all and seems to be subject to the same "dumbness" as the GUI in PP unless you're using a third party i.o device.

#3 vimeo is rec. 709 2.2 16-235 using broadcast pixel encoding. (don't ask me why, its on their recommended encode page)
Yeah, I've seen that. So stupid. But I've never liked Vimeo and don't use it anyway.

To reiterate my primary issue: Using color-managed Adobe apps and a calibrated monitor, I can edit timelapse images in Adobe Camera Raw. When imported into AE, those images match what I saw in ACR. I can further edit and compile that timelapse and export it in Rec. 709. That exported file looks like what I saw in AE when I open it in VLC. If I then reimport that timelapse back into After Effects, all of the colors still match and everything looks correct. If I then upload that same file (ProRes 422, Rec.709) to Youtube, it looks washed out. "Retouching" the video in Youtube does not force it to re-encode to VP9 and display correctly. Nothing I've tried can make that video look remotely correct on Youtube with the exception of exporting it with your fixmyyoutube LUT. This makes the saturation pretty much correct but ends up crushing the blacks too much.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Feb 8, 2018 at 1:55:56 am

to get around this, you still need display color management enabled. as long as
your working space is the same as your monitor, you don't need simulate display,
but its a bad idea if your working space can't be the same as your monitor. It's bad practice if your working with pro-photo for example as you need to work in the largets gamut of the largest item in your project to avoid color clipping.

-mercury transmit is forced to rec. 709. as is dynamic link!
-try setting the lut as adjustment layer transfer mode color or saturation, not normal

-i don't know why youtube won't do the re-touch fix or why the lut crushes
it too much, but there's an easy fix for you.

make a custom lut.
upload a color chart to youtube, take a screenshot from your browser. open it and the original in photoshop. make its size the same as the original. place inside the enlarged canvas a HALD from iwltap and click edit-match color(be sure to select ignore the HALD when it automatches!) finally, use that converted HALD to create a custom lut for yourself.

Return to posts index

Colin Ruggiero
on Feb 8, 2018 at 7:26:38 am

Your working space doesn't need to match your monitor for color management to work. That's the whole point of color management. As long as your monitor is calibrated and your footage is tagged properly and the working space is set, you will get an accurate image even with "simulate display" off. Of course you can't be working in a space that is bigger than your monitor is able to display but that's a separate issue. And there is no need in most general image editing for your workspace to match your monitor profile. It's perfectly normal, even optimal, to have a wide gamut display as long as it's calibrated and you're working in a color managed environment. It would be silly for me to convert all of the raw images I use for timelapses to Rec.709 jpegs or something to match my intentionally limited monitor space. Better to keep as much information as possible in your images for as long as possible through the workflow. I edit my Raw images in ProPhoto RGB on a wide gamut monitor so that I can see as much of the info as possible. If my workflow is color managed it's not a problem to then export as Rec.709 for use in my video timeline. In my color-managed Camera Raw and Lightroom and After Effects I can easily "proof" them in Rec. 709 and fix any color clipping that may occur during that conversion. But by working in ProPhoto directly with the raw files, I can easily go back and make changes to exposure and all sort of other things utilizing all the original information that is there. And it makes it easy to use those same timelapses or image sequences (I process my raw drone shots the same way) in Rec.2020 as that becomes more standard. It would be really inefficient to calibrate my monitors to Rec. 709 and convert everything to that space prematurely or to be constantly switching my monitor calibration depending on what sort of footage I'm working with.

As far as Mercury Transmit, yes, it's forced to rec. 709 but as far as I can tell that just means that it's expecting Rec.709, just like Premiere. It still lacks any sort of color-management, just like Premiere, and therefor is not a reliable way to monitor, even on a Rec. 709 calibrated display. Unless you're going through a pro i/o device of course.

Thanks for the info about making a custom LUT and using it as an adjustment layer inside Premiere with the proper blend mode. I'll try that and see if I can find a reasonable way to compensate for Youtube's and/or Chrome's weirdness. Still seems like a ridiculous workaround to have to use to get reasonable color online, especially when I know plenty of people get good color without doing it, but I'm at a little bit of a loss right now for other options. Cheers!

Return to posts index

Alex Bond
on Feb 9, 2018 at 3:57:11 pm

Colin, did you sort this issue?

I've just invested in an iMac pro and have found the same issue so obviously I'm not happy.

You may have seen my thread(s) on Adobe's Community but the outcome so far is this:

Premiere Pro Ignores the colour profile of the iMac - you can see the Programme window reverting back to what it thinks is correct when you click through the different display profiles within the iMac's settings while all other windows change colour.

If this does not have a solution then it is not possible to edit with Adobe on an iMac Pro - which I find hard to believe.

Return to posts index

Colin Ruggiero
on Feb 15, 2018 at 12:28:24 am

Hi Alex,

No, so far, I've left it where I described in my last post. It's not just iMac Pros however, it's any wide gamut monitor. And no, there's no way to see accurate color inside of Premiere on a wide gamut monitor without using a third party i/o device to a broadcast monitor or at least a calibrated computer. The only other potential fix is to create a LUT as per Chris's suggestion and apply it to your entire timeline.
Ridiculous, I know. Good luck!

Return to posts index

Sean Jahnig
on Mar 7, 2018 at 12:39:10 pm

Wow guys,

I am not technical enough to understand any of this. I too bought an iMac Pro and i've having a really hard time with the colours showing inconsistently. I can't believe there just isn't a solution.

:-(

Return to posts index

Colin Ruggiero
on Mar 8, 2018 at 1:14:19 am

Yeah, hard to believe - but true.

If you're working in Premiere, your options for seeing some sort of remotely accurate reference for your image are basically the following:

1. work on a display that is hardware calibrated to rec.709, or output the image, via Mercury Transmit, to a display that is hardware calibrated to rec.709. Mercury Transmit is not supposed to be color managed but I've noticed that it does indeed respond to OS level ICC profiles so a software calibrated display may work when using Mercury Transmit also.

2. Use a hardware i/o device to get the signal to a broadcast monitor. A computer monitor won't work well because the i/o device will bypass your OS level ICC profiles so there isn't a good way to calibrate the external monitor unless you can load ICC profiles directly into the display's hardware. If you're using Resolve you can also calibrate using a messy but serviceable system of exporting patches to use for calibration.

3. You can try to create LUTs using various services that you would then apply to your sequences in Premiere to try to match Premiere's default display to Premiere's exports when viewed in color managed software.

4. And... that's it. Somebody jump in if I'm missing another way.

Return to posts index

Alex Bond
on Mar 8, 2018 at 4:27:37 am

Yep, that’s right. When using Premiere you cannot use the iMac pro as an all in one machine (are you listening Apple?) my solution was to tether my OLD iMac to the iMac pro and use the old one as a monitor (so the new 5k monitor is pointless) - this way I can export what I’m seeing on the old iMac and that pretty much resembles what I’m seeing within premiere.

Premiere does not allow you to change the colour space of its Program Window (whatever you set your iMac’s colour to, premiere will ignore in that window - clever? Not really).

So hopefully you have another monitor kicking around or another iMac and the space to set it up next to your new iMac pro.

Ta-dah!...

Return to posts index

Sean Jahnig
on Mar 9, 2018 at 5:14:12 am

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the reply.

I have a pretty basic setup and i mostly shoot corporate and event videos of 5D mark 4. The videos i shoot and create using Premiere and AE are always for youtube and social media. I've been doing it for about 8 years and i've always noticed the colours were a bit off but on my old iMac it was never so apparent. Now on the iMac pro it is very clear and it's really bothering me that the colours on the iMac Pro are great, but what i am delivering to the client is not as impressive.

Is this problem specific to Mac? If i use a windows PC with a different display (ie. not the iMac Pro 5k display) and the Adobe suite - would it be different? Or maybe different software on the iMac Pro? Resolve, FCP? I would hate to change my workflow or my setup but i really need the output window in Premiere to match the end product that the client is seeing - otherwise i have no control over the product i am delivering.

Return to posts index

Colin Ruggiero
on Mar 10, 2018 at 6:54:28 am

Hey Sean,
No it's not specific to Mac. Any wide gamut monitor with Premiere Pro will pose similar issues. You need one of the monitoring solutions I listed above or to export your project and color correct in a properly color managed program.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]