FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro export very undersaturated, low contrast when exporting with Media Encoder vs Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathanael Chadwick
Premiere Pro export very undersaturated, low contrast when exporting with Media Encoder vs Premiere
on Jun 30, 2017 at 3:04:01 pm

I have been searching many forums, and found many people having the same problem - but I couldn't seem to find a solution.

When exporting a Premiere Pro file (to H.264) I get completely different results when using Media encoder vs exporting directly from Premiere. When using media encoder, the results are horribly undersaturated, and do not match what I did in premiere at all.

Now most people have said its a quicktime player issue, but its not. While the players have slightly different results, they are both way off when comparing the Media Encoder export to what I had in Premiere:

Other forums said it may be an issue with the iMac I have? Or possibly the graphics card?

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Premiere Pro export very undersaturated, low contrast when exporting with Media Encoder vs Premiere
on Jun 30, 2017 at 6:59:22 pm

What is the wrapper/codec/bitrate of your original footage?

I am curious, noting that although you have a variable bitrate selected for your output, you also have both the target and max bitrate at 8MBps. Why not simply do a fixed bitrate?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Premiere Pro export very undersaturated, low contrast when exporting with Media Encoder vs Premiere
on Jul 1, 2017 at 12:47:26 am

If your monitor is not color calibrated to srgb, nothing will look right as premiere
is hard coded to srgb and will ignore any color profile on your monitor.

You can use transform luts from p3 or adobe rgb to srgb with lumetri. Also,
Set vlc to opengl video to match opengl driver gamma in premiere. Quicktime
Uses direct drivers with 16-235 pixels which changes the gamma.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Jul 1, 2017 at 2:35:25 am

Chris' suggestion to set vlc to opengl video is what fixed the problem for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]