FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import Creates cfa and pek Files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Barnes
Import Creates cfa and pek Files
on Jun 27, 2017 at 12:57:40 am

Since I upgraded to 2017 Premiere Pro creates .cfa and .pek files every time I import a file. It stores them next to the original
file and my folders are cluttered with these files. The older version PP never did this. What gives?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Import Creates cfa and pek Files
on Jun 27, 2017 at 3:43:56 pm

[Chris Barnes] "It stores them next to the original
file and my folders are cluttered with these files."

DON'T store them there. Store them at the default internal library location. As yes, any new file imported will create these various cache files. Older versions did this, too, but maybe your preferences were set differently.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Chris Barnes
on Jun 27, 2017 at 9:20:01 pm

I have "Save Media Cache files next to originals when possible" deselected in the Media Cache preferences. Is there another setting?

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 28, 2017 at 1:48:17 pm

If the default location is write protected or somehow otherwise unavailable, it will place them there.

Return to posts index

Chris Barnes
on Jun 29, 2017 at 7:21:51 pm

So by selecting "Save Media Cache files next to originals when possible" the .pek files will be stored in the Adobe Common folder. Is this correct?

I'm discovering that when I select "Save Media Cache files next to originals when possible" and hit ok it doesn't save this setting. When reopen the media Cache preferences it is unselected. That must be problem. Now how to fix it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]