FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Mercury Engine in Premiere Pro CS 5.5.2 is not working after nVidia Driver update

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Dix
The Mercury Engine in Premiere Pro CS 5.5.2 is not working after nVidia Driver update
on Jun 26, 2017 at 9:59:05 pm
Last Edited By Bob Dix on Jun 27, 2017 at 12:29:12 am

How do I fix the Mercury Engine in a Adobe Premiere Pro Project which stopped working after nVidia Driver update ?

I have reinstalled PP, perhaps I should have done a complete reinstall instead or a repair.

I must say after the new driver was installed the software was extremely fast as though the Mercury Engine was not needed ?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: The Mercury Engine in Premiere Pro CS 5.5.2 is not working after nVidia Driver update
on Jun 27, 2017 at 5:02:41 pm

CS 5.5 is getting pretty long in the tooth. What operating system do you run?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: The Mercury Engine in Premiere Pro CS 5.5.2 is not working after nVidia Driver update
on Jun 27, 2017 at 9:02:03 pm

Dave,

i think I am losing it, I have even forgotten how to reply.

Bob Dix Photographer/Video Editor, BA Degree(Journalism & Media) University of Southern Queensland, Mobile : 0405728925

Louise Dix, Dip.(Education) University of Southern Queensland
17 Barrymount Crescent, Mt Lofty, Q Australia 4350

CRAFT CREATION & DESIGN - Digital Photo Conversions
Mobile ; 0439186228
Phone : 61+0746322996

On Wednesday, 28 June 2017, 6:48, Bob Dix wrote:

I know it is long in the tooth, like me. However, it keeps working over 100's productions perfectly/

My system is a Dell PC Server T5500 fully specified to Adobe requirements, 4 Core Raid 0, 16 GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Fx 3800 1 GB, Windows 7 Pro

Thanks, Dave, this is the only problem I have had in years, the Video Card stopped working and nVidia replaced it. with an upgrade.
Show original message

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 27, 2017 at 9:59:20 pm

Have you taken the new card for a test drive, so to speak? You mentioned the software performs faster since the new card went in. I would just cut in some video -- ANY video -- with multiple video tracks & alpha channels, throw on some effects, put in lots of audio tracks to simply see how it performs. Sure, it'll probably look and sound like a mess, but if PP performs well under duress, I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

i.e. don't mess with the card or the driver. At least not right now.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Jun 27, 2017 at 11:51:54 pm

Dave,

" don't mess with the card or the driver. At least not right now."

No not likely, I'll do as you suggest. "I'd say you have nothing to worry about." I think you are right

I have done weddings for 17 years and travel which is simple enough, so i do not stress the system.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Many thanks,

Bob

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 28, 2017 at 4:22:56 pm

I hope your video card swap is entirely painless, sir.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Jun 28, 2017 at 9:51:09 pm
Last Edited By Bob Dix on Jun 28, 2017 at 10:57:05 pm

Dave,

You honour me ,but, I am 80+ . Nothing is painless in this life, but, your advice is comforting.
There is a slowness between the Mercury Engine and Software but, so what at least, if I end up in trouble it works in the Dell M6600 .

All the best in America, from Downunder in Australia.

Bob

Bob Dix Photographer
Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 28, 2017 at 11:18:00 pm

...and Happy Winter to you, sir. Not that Aussie winters are all that severe. Here in my part of the American Midwest, -20 celsius is not all that uncommon at night.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Jun 29, 2017 at 8:27:43 pm

Your -20 c is impressive as is our 40+c in summer.

We did get to -23c at Perisher Valley, Snowy Mountains in 1985 and I walked 6 kms in the snow with a Canon EX1 Hi 8 in those days, your weather is more consistent.

Cheers

Ps . Premiere Pro is working OK

Bob Dix Photographer
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Jun 30, 2017 at 2:30:40 am

You should update your CUDA driver. I'm surprised Dave didn't mention that!

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Jun 30, 2017 at 3:42:20 am
Last Edited By Bob Dix on Jul 4, 2017 at 3:51:31 am

Thanks Duke,

I forgot to say the driver was updated, I got NVidia to fix it , the Mercury Engine is back

Bob Dix Photographer
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]