FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro CS6 really slow on multiple computers

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Martin
Premiere Pro CS6 really slow on multiple computers
on Jun 26, 2017 at 9:42:11 pm

I currently have Premiere Pro CS6 installed into several different computers, some of which are different specs to others. For a long while Premiere Pro has ran perfectly on all machines but recently it has all of a sudden gotten very slow on every machine I use it on.

When I launch Premiere Pro it either takes forever to load in or simply gives me a not responding error. Then if Premiere Pro does actually load up, it either takes a very long time to create a new project or to load up an existing one.

Once I do finally manage to get a project loaded up it then continues to be very slow. For the most part, playing back what I have edited runs pretty fine, not much difference to how it would run before this problem started occurring. The biggest problem I have when I actually get a project loaded is that every time I go to make a change to something, whether it is creating a cut, resizing a clip, moving a clip etc it freezes for a good 5-10 seconds each time I do something, meaning I have to wait after I make a cut, wait after I move the cut, wait if I need to undo an error and so on. This includes edits in both the video and audio tracks.

I mostly work from a network as myself and other people need to be able to access the files and projects on any of the computers. I thought maybe this is the problem as I know working from a network is slower but on multiple of the computers I have tried moving everything over to the computers Hard Drive but I get the exact same results.

From what I can remember, I think it has been doing this for around 2 weeks now, maybe even longer. I find it very strange that every computer (7 to be exact, one also being a mac getting the same problem) has started to do this at the same time.

I have gone around and cleared the cache on each of the computers and have even uninstalled and reinstalled the software on several of the computers only for it to make no difference.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Premiere Pro CS6 really slow on multiple computers
on Jun 27, 2017 at 5:32:23 pm

Without much more detail about each machine it is not realistic to effectively troubleshoot your issue. It is interesting that it seems to have happened "across the board."

So - are there any non-Adobe events/upgrades/changes that match up to the affected machines?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]