FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to recreate a sequence from render files?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alius sato
how to recreate a sequence from render files?
on Jun 26, 2017 at 6:52:56 am

this is related to my question in the resolve forum:
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/277/40030#40036

i want to export a timeline to resolve where the clip references would be to the render files, not to the original source files.

now - how would you go about re-creating your edit inside premiere but replacing your master clips with the (cryptically named) render files?

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: how to recreate a sequence from render files?
on Jun 26, 2017 at 1:28:48 pm

Although this could be a good idea it's basically not possible unless you want to recut with the render files.

Again as I said in your other post if every NLE would just use the same FX like say Open FX all these problems. would go away.

Is this likely to happen, NEVER.
Just like everything else on this planet no one will ever want to standardize.
How else would they be able to get away with charging outrageous prices for there products.

"MY MEDIA MOTO: If you think three copies of your media is enough.
Take a moment to place a value on it and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

alius sato
Re: how to recreate a sequence from render files?
on Jun 27, 2017 at 4:26:49 am

[Brent Marginet] "Although this could be a good idea it's basically not possible unless you want to recut with the render files.
"

well, recutting with the render files is ok, if i don't have to do it manually shot-by-shot.

i'm actually making some inroads here. if i re-import the render files to the project, i can make a new sequence in the chronological order of the original sequence in-TC. this would work perfectly if i throw out old renders and re-render, otherwise the resulting timeline will contain old versions of the render files as well.

is there a way in premiere to discard renders not in use in a given sequence? this would sort out my problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]