FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating new sequence from existing one

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barton Lewis
creating new sequence from existing one
on Jun 25, 2017 at 10:20:40 pm
Last Edited By Barton Lewis on Jun 25, 2017 at 10:47:05 pm

I FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO WHAT I ASK HERE AND TRIED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DELETE THE POST BUT LEARNED ONLINE THAT YOU CAN'T. NO REPLY IS NECESSARY TO THIS POST. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE CONVENIENCE. I have imported a film into a new project. I want to extract a portion of it to use as a standalone excerpt. I marked the in and out points of the section I want to use and now need to create a standalone sequence which I can export for uploading on the web. It has been some time since I have used the software and I have forgotten how to do this. If someone could guide me I'd be grateful. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: creating new sequence from existing one
on Jun 26, 2017 at 4:28:49 am

If you've marked an in and out you can hit CMD + M (Mac) or CTRL + M (PC) and that will open the Media Encoder Queue Window. Now just choose the Codec you want to export the file as, setup all your required Audio and Video settings if changes are needed, click Export and that's it.

Now if you want to add a fade in at the beginning and or a fade out at the end as an example then first duplicate the sequence and open that duplicated sequence. Now use the razor blade tool to make a cut at your in and out points with all tracks turned on or selected. Next click on the Video Track after the out point and hit Delete. This will delete everything after the out point if all the tracks are linked. If it doesn't just lasso what ever is left over and hit delete again. Now click on the Video Track before the in point and hit delete. Again everything will be deleted before the in point if all the tracks are linked. Now you can either do a select all (CMD + A (Mac) or CTRL + A (PC)) and drag what's left to the beginning of the timeline or click on the Video Track before what's left in your timeline and hit delete. You may want to leave say a one second hole at the start to give you one second of black before your transition starts so select all and drag it to an appropriate start point that you feel is good.

Now start Media Encoder as in the first paragraph and Bob's your uncle.

Note: I can't stress duplicating your sequence enough. If you really screw up you can delete it and once again make a duplicate for your next try. This way you never mess up you first main Sequence.

I edit primarily in Avid so this is the way I do it in Premiere. There may be a simpler, easier, faster way to do this so please anyone else who steps in don't shoot me. I'm just trying to give Barton a place to start from.

"MY MEDIA MOTO: If you think three copies of your media is enough.
Take a moment to place a value on it and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Barton Lewis
Re: creating new sequence from existing one
on Jun 26, 2017 at 2:47:27 pm

Thank you very much for your very thorough and helpful reply. I've saved it for future reference - in case I ever forget how to do this again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]