FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence auto reverting display time format to frames

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Weston Jones
Sequence auto reverting display time format to frames
on Jun 23, 2017 at 6:37:12 pm

Hello,

I'm having an issue that whenever I adjust anything in my Sequence Settings, it changes the display time format from timecode, to frames.

Some background - I'm working with a sequence frame rate of 48fps. The project is being edited and exported for high frame rate playback. In order to create a sequence with my desired settings, I initially made a dummy quicktime file that I then created a "new sequence based on source settings". These settings are 1920x1080 48fps Quicktime Pro Res (Proxy). I had to do this because Premiere does not have a 48FPS option for Timebase when creating a new sequence from scratch. When I create a sequence based on the dummy file, it lists the Timebase as 10FPS, however the sequence is in fact in 48FPS, and the sequence timecode and playhead position read in a 48FPS timecode. Which is all good.

However! And here's where my problem is, if I go into my sequence settings and change anything and click "OK", the sequence looses its 48FPS timecode display and the playhead position numerals are in Frames, not timecode, which is impossible to edit in. In the sequence settings, the "display format" drop down only lets me select "frames."

I want to make be able to make changes to my sequence settings, mainly at this point changing the preview codec to something higher than Pro Res Proxy. But if i do that, it changes the time to frames.

I would just work around it and make a new dummy quicktime to create a new sequence from and copy/paste my sequence, but I have effects on audio channels and submix routing, and none of that transfers.

Any thoughts? I could add an adjustment layer to display timecode, but thats cumbersome too and I can't copy/paste the time easily then.

Why oh why did Premiere make an editing timebase for nearly everything except 48?

My current sequence settings are below if it helps. You can see in the bottom left my sequence is currently displaying timecode display the display format of frames. If I were to change anything in this dialogue and click "OK", that would change to frames.

I'm running PPRO CC 11.1.1

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]