FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looks Jittery while playing back using Premiere Pro CC (2017)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Slawin
Looks Jittery while playing back using Premiere Pro CC (2017)
on Jun 22, 2017 at 7:01:00 pm

I shoot with a Sony NX3 on settings on 59.94@ 1920x 1080P non drop frame.
I set up my sequence the same at 59.94 FPS 1920x1080P AVHCD format. When I get to exporting
I make sure its set up the same way for media encoder. Format H.264. @ 59.94. I change the bitrate setting to CBR and go to highest bitrate settings allowed. When it finishes its export and I play it back in quicktime sometimes it jumps a frame here and there. Is there a better way to setup for just making an mp4 verses going to Blu-ray/ DVD? I just hate the jitter issues. I'm wondering if I'm going to Blu-ray to set it up at frame rate 29.97, will that make the video playback more smoother? Thanks for your input!

Mike

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Looks Jittery while playing back using Premiere Pro CC (2017)
on Jun 22, 2017 at 8:06:50 pm

Hi Mike,

More is not always better - for instance, cranking the bitrate up to the max.

Why not simply try one of the available H.264 export presets "as is" without messing with any settings? And why use QuickTime Player? Try something else.

As for Blu-ray, that supports 1080p24 or 1080i, no 60p or 30p options

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jun 22, 2017 at 8:37:54 pm

Also there are their own export presets/formats for dvd and blu ray.

Return to posts index

Mike Slawin
on Jun 22, 2017 at 10:23:28 pm

Thanks Jeff! Your right i'm always trying to perfect the perfect encode DVD or Blu-ray. At one point talking with Adobe they said to go to CBR vs VBR to lessen the jumps. Also someone said use frame blending only when using 2 different frame rates. I thought shooting and editing with the same frame rate is the right thing to do. Funny thing is when you get into Encore it automatically changes to 29.97 frame rate. So if I'm going to a DVD or Blu-Ray, should I just setup my output to 29.97 with frame blending? Or just stay at the same frame rate from the source? Just trying to get rid of the Jitters. It may be also the quicktime player like you said. What other program do you use to playback video? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jun 23, 2017 at 5:19:30 pm

VLC Media Player is free and works great to play most any type of file.

Do NOT use Frame Blending, it's not what you think it is.

There is no issue mixing 60p and 30p - it's when you throw in a 24p clip into the mix, then it gets a little strange. 60p can be changed to 30p or 60i with no issues at all.

Edit your 60p clips in a 60p Sequence. Unless you wish to add some smooth slow-motion to portions, then edit in 30p Sequence and when you do a 50% speed change it will be silky smooth (using extra frames from the 60p source).

When exporting, there is no 60p for DVD - that will be 60i, or Progressive (30p). That's okay, that is taken care of when you export from Premiere, just choose a preset. For Blu-ray, 60i is the way to go for export, again using a preset.

For online, your choice of 60p or 30p. Technically, encoding a 60p clip will require a lot more bandwidth (double?) than the same clip encoded to 30p, since you are compressing twice as many frames. Try 30p (29.97) export and you might find better playback on different devices since it will be easier for them to decode and display the 30p video.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Mike Slawin
on Jun 23, 2017 at 8:05:43 pm

Jeff,
Thanks for your expertise and time! I will take all in to consideration. Now I just either need a new graphics card or new computer. Funny thing is your computer turns 3 to 4 years of age and everything that I do now needs more speed/ram.

Thanks Again!
Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]