FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci export looks under contrast in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirill Sidewalk
Davinci export looks under contrast in Premiere
on Jun 22, 2017 at 6:57:51 pm

Exported file from davinci to premiere looks washed out and colors slightly different
In Video Player (potplayer) it looks same as davinci. Only premiere under contrast.
I can compensate contrast in Lumitri color by adding contrast to 70, but it slightly different in color too

Davinci 14 / Premiere cc 2017 / Windows 10 / Codec DNxHR 444 12bit

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Davinci export looks under contrast in Premiere
on Jun 22, 2017 at 7:18:53 pm

You can't rely on the interface INSIDE the editing apps to be accurate. Most are not. If you want consistency, to know what it REALLY looks like, you need an IO device (Blackmagic design specifically, as they are the ONLY ones that work with Resolve) and an external HDTV or broadcast monitor. The viewer in Resolve isn't accurate at all, and I doubt that the ones n Premiere are either.

But I'd trust the player more than the editing apps. Then again, if you view with Quicktime or VLC, it might look different in both. And is YOUR monitor calibrated? If you post on YouTube and Vimeo...it might look different in both...watch it with Safari or FireFox or CHrome, and again, they might look different. MANY factors are at play here.

Heck, when I do broadcast work, what I see on my external monitor might not be what I see on my TV with Spectrum...they compress again. And what I see on my TV with Spectrum is different than what my producer will see on HIS TV with Cox communications. I once had a producer call complaining about the squeezing of the image he was seeing (black bars on top and bottom of the screen). He took a pic and showed me..."this is NOT what I saw in your edit room on your TV!" I took a picture of my TV, with no squeezing. "It's your providor...not the video file. Mine looks fine."

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kirill Sidewalk
on Jun 22, 2017 at 7:26:47 pm

Hey! Thanks for reply, but my point is:
It's under contrast in premiere, and when i export from premiere (added couple of fxs) it's washed out in player and it's washed out in vimeo.

If i add contrast in Lumetri Panel for 60, than in looks like davinci but it's slightly different, and colors not so much vibrant (like 5-10% different)

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jun 29, 2017 at 4:09:16 am

Is fcp legacy checked?
What color management is resolve? Premiere uses srgb

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]